Part 30

Chapter 30

MIKOTO UCHIHA

Mikoto Uchiha was alert, as she accessed every minute detail with her Sharingan as Iwa's jinchuriki stood up, her senses expanded, and as she felt the chakra of the man infront of her, she gulped down in nervousness as her mind raced to figure out a plan to secure the lives of the six genin behind her.

She had already lost her own three students to this wretched war. She was not going to have Ohashi's legacy end like this.

So, she took a deep breath and pushed chakra into her two fans as she gave them their orders.

"All of you listen to me. As I engage him in combat, I want all of you to head for the bridge and complete the mission, and after that..."

And she felt Roshi's chakra stir as the man looked into her eyes.

"I want all of you to escape, and no matter what happens, you are not to glance back at all. No matter what!" she ordered.

"But sensei!" came the voice of Asuma, and she looked back, her eyes blazing, and he shut up as he saw her.

"That is an order!" and that shut them up. She glanced toward Ohashi's brother, Kakashi, who was looking at her with a complicated expression, their eyes met, and she cast a simple genjutsu as she passed him a message.

"Send the signal to Minato and leave the kunai. Complete the mission and retreat. I will hold him back."

His eyes widened as he understood her message, and slowly reached for his back pocket.

"Surrender Uchiha, and I promise you, I shall grant you and your genin a quick and painless death," ventured the Iwa Jinchuriki as he let go of his chakra, literally flooding the whole area with suffocating pressure.

CRACK. CRACK.

The very ground began to crack from the sheer pressure, and she saw her six genin pale as the suffocating pressure nearly forced them all to their knees, and she closed her eyes as she let go her own chakra, and let it crush through the oppressive force and saw as the six genin huffed behind her as the severity of their situation finally dawned on them.

"GO!" she ordered, and she saw a few of them were about to protest but then Kakashi was quick to step up as he gave her a nod and had them all jump back, as Roshi's eyes narrowed towards them.

"Tch, it seems you have made your choice," and she saw him weave a set of handseals as he inhaled and took in a deep breath.

"Katon: Fireball jutsu," but she was quick to react, as she opened and pushed chakra into her two fans as she jumped up.

"Futon: Vacuum Wall," and a massive torrent of wind erupted as it disrupted his fire technique, as the six of them vanished into the forest, as she jumped and positioned herself between Roshi and her six underlings, eyes blazing as Roshi jumped down, and came to a halt as she completely let go her own chakra.

"I am afraid I cannot let you past me, Roshi of Iwagakure," she remarked as she fully opened her fans and took in a deep breath as she felt him raise a brow.

"So, you know who I am, Uchiha. And yet you choose to face me. I must commend you for your courage, Uchiha," said Roshi as he brought together his hands, and she felt him build up a massive amount of chakra.

"But I must end this," and with that, he brought down the hands as he shouted.

"Lava Style: Great Blazing Eruption!" and as soon as his hands touched the ground, the very ground beneath her feet shifted as the ground broke, and sizzling lava erupted, flooding the whole area.