Part 1

Chapter 1- A secret revealed!

Kakashi Hatake

Kakashi Hatake learned an important life lesson: people could be quite fickle. Fickle. Cruel. And they were capable of changing in seconds. They would worship you, place you on a pedestal, and then, in the next second, curse you and call you names.

Just mere weeks ago, the same people now made faces at him as he walked past them on the streets. They sneered and murmured behind his back, cursing. Cursed child. Honorless cur. Pathetic.

Kakashi heard them all. Initially, he had been angry and wanted to argue, yet his father had stopped him, apologizing that it was his fault, that they were just angry. Kakashi hated that. Hated seeing them shame his name.

They blamed him for the war and for not completing his mission. Even those whose lives he had saved had turned their back on him and joined the populace.

He should have let them die. They did not deserve to be saved.

"How can they show their face around here?"

"They should have expelled him from the academy?"

"The nerve!"

He heard their murmurs, his enhanced hearing allowing him to hear each of their words, yet he only clenched his fists as he picked up his pace and walked toward his house. He adjusted his mask and walked into the clan district. Not stopping to greet anyone, he made his way to their house at the end of the street.

Despite only having two occupants, it was the largest house in the surroundings, though there had been a time when it had housed more than just him and his father. Coincidentally Kakashi frowned as he found the door open, and shouting came from inside the house.

He frowned as he approached the door, and the voices became clearer.

"I told you! I warned you so many times, yet you still chose to save those fucking bastards!" shouted a voice quite similar to his, cracking slightly. It was Ohashi, his half-brother.

"I know it's been hard on you, and I am sorry for all this, Oha..." his father apologized once more, but the voice from earlier cut him off.

"I don't give a damn about that! You put your life in danger all to save those curs! And those bastards are using you to hide their incompetence! And you are not even retaliating!" shouted his brother, and Kakashi agreed with that statement.

The truth was that Kakashi had seen little of his half-brother, for they were quite a bit apart in age. Ohashi. He knew that his brother had only visited their home a couple of times and lived alone.

"I am their leader, Ohashi! I am the one who should carry the blame," his father replied.

"Bullshit! They all should be investigated, and their records should be examined on how they even made it past genin! Even Sarutobi-sama wouldn't have been able to manage that mission with such baggage!" came the retort, and as his father was about to reply, Kakashi felt eyes focus on the door, onto him.

"Who is there!" Kakashi's hair stood up as his father's sharp voice cut through the air. And he gulped before he suddenly opened the door and entered the door, behaving as if he hadn't listened to anything that had been said earlier.

"It's me, Kakashi," he said as he walked in and found his father standing opposite an early teen shinobi opposite to him. Ohashi was a bit older than twice his age and was already a chunin, evident by his uniform. Both of them shared little besides the coloring of their hair, while his hair resembled their father's in their Ohashi's were flatter.