Part 31

Chapter 31

MIKOTO UCHIHA

Pain. Excruciating, debilitating, pain ripped through her whole body, and even the action of breathing felt excruciatingly painful as she coughed the very action making her vision blur up as she lay there against the tree as she gripped her gut.

Her once beautiful kimono had been dyed red, and her reserves had been long emptied as she saw the semi-transformed form of Iwa's jinchuriki roar. The ground around them was filled with craters, the forest burned as lava littered the ground.

The fight had been destructive, and she had given everything she had, and used every trick she could, yet battling a jinchuriki still proved too much for her. Though, as she saw the scarlet monster infront of her huff, his size nearly half of what it had been at the start of their battle showed that her efforts had not been futile.

"AGHHHHHH!" the jinchuriki roared, its roar feral and powerful, shaking the very ground she lay on. As she saw those ominous white orbs narrow onto her, the beast then opened its scissored whitish maw and it began to gather chakra once more.

And she found herself getting surprised by the volume of the chakra the beast was still able to gather; the amount was significant. It just showed the strategic powers of a jinchuriki, and he had been only the jinchuriki of the four tails. It was no wonder that the five great Nations fought to gain control over such strategic assets.

She noticed the beast thin out, and the very air rippled as it gathered that signature purple orb infront of its mouth, the very ground beneath its feet cracking from the pressure of the massive volumes of chakra it gathered in its maw.

SHAAAA!

The air between them rippled as the beast's eyes narrowed towards her. Mikoto huffed and tried to push herself up, yet despite all her efforts were futile.

"KUKH.KUKH!" she began to cough blood as her body refused to listen to her commands, and she was left stranded on the ground.

By now, a sense of cold had overtaken her, and her vision had begun to blur from the severe blood loss as she lay there waiting for her demise.

And in her last moments, her mind went to her little son, Itachi, her better half Fugaku and then to Ohashi, the boy who had been like a son to her. And as she watched the beast thrashed in rage, as its two tails wreaked havoc across the area before it roared as it gulped down the purple mass in its mouth.

"I am sorry," she uttered to all those who had ever cared for her as the beast opened its maw as a giant orb of chakra rushed towards her, its power devastating everything around it as it rushed towards her and she closed her eyes as she prayed that her six little genin had gotten away.

SWISH!

And then it happened. It was a blur that barely registered to her before she felt a shadow cover her, as a cloaked figure appeared infront of her out of nowhere, in its hand was the very weapon inscribed into every Uchiha's uniform. The very symbol of their clan.

A black and white gunbai, one of the Sage's weapons, and the man pushed chakra into his gunbai as he swung it towards the purple orb of chakra headed her way.

BOOOOM!

She saw the ground rip apart as the man's feet were dragged back, yet the gunbai held strong. The force from the clash sent shockwaves through the area, and the force was enough to rip apart trees and the man's cloak. And her heart stilled as she saw those silver hair flowing in the wind.

"Ohashi," she whispered, despite a part of her knowing that it could not be possible.

As she felt the stranger come to a stop inches away from her, as she saw the bandage covering the stranger begin to rip apart.