Part 12

Chapter 12

MEI TERUMI

The heir of the Terumi clan watched as Mangetsu blurred in front of Ohashi. His sword lit up, and waves of pressure came from the massive twin swords.

"HIRAMEKAREI: RELEASE!" screamed Mangetsu as his grip around her swords tightened, and the massive dual sword began to glow up with chakra. Even at her distance, she could feel chakra rolling off of the sword.

She watched as Hatake grew pale and tried to jump off of the branch, yet the tree's roots gave out in the same second. Her eyes widened as Hatake lost his footing, and Mangetsu smirked as he swung the Hiramekarei.

And instinctively, she knew the attack would hit. And if it did, it could spell the end of Ohashi Hatake. Yet for some reason, it didn't fill her with the sense of triumph and accomplishment that she had thought it would.

She had known Hatake for over half a decade and had waged battle against him over more than twenty times now due to some stroke of luck. Yet the first time she had met him, they hadn't bared their blades at each other. Rather they had fought together.

Yet in war, that meant little. Very little, as she hardened her heart and narrowed her eyes at Ohashi. And suddenly, she felt his chakra thrum suddenly, and then his lips moved.

".... KAI!" and it was the last word she could hear before suddenly the area in front of her exploded.

BOOOOM!

She was pushed back, her feet grinding on the ground. Dust covered the whole area as Mangetsu launched his attack, an attack which Hatake had little chance of dodging! Hiramekarei glew as it released a massive blast of chakra aimed straight at Ohashi.

"AGHHHH!" suddenly a body was thrown out of the dust and Mei's eyes widened as Mangetsu appeared out of the dust, eyes glaring straight ahead. He tried to stand up yet he winced in pain as he coughed up a lot of blood before he dropped to his knee and began to huff.

"Mangetsu!" Mei was broken out of her trance and jumped towards her fellow Kiri nin who continued to look straight ahead.

"Monster!" she heard him whisper as he wiped away the blood staining his chin, while his eyes remained focused straight ahead. Right, where Ohashi had been, waves of chakra continued to roll off of the area.

And her chakra quivered a bit as someone stepped out of the dust, that someone being Ohashi Hatake. Yet even his appearance had changed, with his skin tinged red as his chakra rippled out, but she didn't miss the blood dripping from his mouth or the way he huffed for breath.

Mangetsu got up and picked up his sword once more.

"I don't know what technique he is using, but I can tell it's taking a toll on him. Back me up, Terumi. I am not letting him get away this time," ordered Mangetsu, and she nodded as she pushed her own chakra through her coils.

"Boil Release: Decaying Mist!" she said as she decided to turn to her other Kekkei Genkai, and then Mangetsu jumped away. She bathed the whole area in front in acidic boiling mist.

Hatake caught on and jumped back, though Mangetsu was already there waiting for him, with his blade in hand. She watched as Hatake and Mangetsu engaged in a short exchange, and she aimed her jutsu toward them.

Mangetsu's body suddenly dissolved into water and began to form a cacoon around the silver-haired shinobi.

"Got you!" said Mangetsu as he appeared right behind his clone, his hands finishing a set of head seals.