Part 37

Chapter 37

TSUNADE SENJU

Tsunade Senju watched wide-eyed as a literal meteor appeared above their heads, tearing up the sky and descending with a promise of unimaginable destruction.

"What the hell is that?" she questioned as she glanced towards Shikaku, who had stepped inside as the ANBU lowered the barriers, knowing that the battle had ended.

"It's probably Tsuchikage's technique," he said as he looked towards Minato, who was looking up with a complicated expression.

"Could you teleport it away?" Shikaku questioned as the meteor barreled towards Ame. Given its sheer size, if it hit, it would level a quarter of the village.

Though Minato shook his head as he bit his lip.

"I don't have the reserves to teleport something as big as this at the moment. I have a marker placed near the village, but even then, I can carry about three, maybe four people with me," he said as he looked toward her.

And she watched as Jiraiya's three students rushed towards them as well, worried and anxious, much like the rest of the people.

"What are we to do? If that meteor hits, it will level a major part of the village, and we don't have enough time to get away from here," the orange-haired kid spoke up anxiously.

Tsunade glanced around her and saw the dozen or so leaf ANBU and the other Ame-nin and she knew that there was only one choice.

She bit her thumb and began to cycle through a set of hand seals, activating the seal on her forehead once again, flooding her chakra networks with chakra as the very ground cracked beneath her feet.

"There is no other choice. We have to stop that meteor from crashing into the ground! EVERYONE USE YOUR STRONGEST JUTSUS TO DESTROY IT! THOSE PROFICIENT IN EART STYLE BUILD PILLARS TO SLOW ITS DESCENT!" she shouted as she finished making the handseals and stuck her hand into the ground.

"GRAND SUMMONING JUTSU!" and she felt her reserves drop, her mind becoming light-headed for a second as she summoned Katsuyu.

"Tsunade-chan, why have you summoned me?" Katsuyu questioned.

"Katsuyu, we need a healing domain to deal with the eventual damage from the meteor's crashing!" she said as she turned towards Minato and the rest, knowing that she would not be able to give commands afterward.

"Minato, I want you to teleport along with Shikaku, Fugaku," and as she glanced towards her other teammate, he intervened.

"There is no need. I shall manage on my own, though let me lend you a hand first," he added, as he began to cycle through a set of handseals, as several earthen pillars rose out of the ground around him.

"But Lady Tsunade," Shikaku was about to retort when she cut him off as she turned away from him.

"No arguments! This is an order! If it is, indeed, Ohnoki behind this attack, then as Ame's allies, we cannot leave them to fend off such an attack without Konoha's support," she said resolutely as she began to cycle through another set of handseals, a green shimmer enveloped her as sealing formulae began to expand below her.

"I will not have Konoha abandon one of our allies again!" she said resolutely as she sat down and uttered the name of the technique.

"NINPO: IMMENSE HEALING NETWORK!"

0000

KONAN

Techniques were fired from her side, pillars rose from the ground, and people were shouting and screaming as techniques of every chakra nature were thrown towards the descending meteor.