Six: I'm Not Sane

- Sable Rae

My heart beat against my chest rapidly as I absently picked through my nightgowns.

I was moving yet none of this felt real. I had to be dreaming. Clearly Solana worked me stupid to the point of hallucinating.

Getting in my undergarments, I then slid a pink nightgown on. I didn't know why I was picking through them, they were all hideously pink. Taking a brush through my curls I stood in my vanity mirror thinking back to the man on the other side of that door.

Eyes swiftly sweeping towards the door I chew at my lip. I wasn't worried that my mother would come upstairs; her and her boyfriend were currently out on a date and she wouldn't be back until morning.

I only shower late on the days I know she'll be gone, it's peaceful when I'm not being rushed to do things. Adding moisturizer to my hair, I rake my fingers through slowly. Stalling so that I wouldn't have to face him.

Him. None of it made sense. My stalker was the guy I thought I imagined for the past four years. I wasn't expecting to see him, honestly I'm in so much pain that I forgot he came while I was supposed to be sleeping.

My first thought was to scream bloody murder but for some reason I didn't. Maybe it was a stupid reason, I don't know. The last thing I expected was to get manhandled against my bedroom door and have my first kiss stolen from me too.

My first kiss. I felt my cheeks grow warm just thinking about it. Touching my bruised lips I couldn't help the stupid little smile that came.

Wondering if I did well I quickly shook my head.

I didn't want his approval- I wanted him gone.

Yeah... yup I wanted him to leave.

God, Sable Rae why are so stupid? I groaned.

And the way I just obeyed like some little puppy. He mine as well put a collar around my neck and connect the leash. That visual did nothing but bring me back to our kiss- his hand around my neck.

Frustrated tears sprung to my eyes, stuck between right and wrong. I didn't know what to do. I had a little bit of fear in me for what's happening, I was ashamed that it was only a little. Any sane person would get far away and call the cops.

Any sane person... I'm not sane! God forgive me I'm not sane.

Taking deep breaths I wiped my face and eyes ridding away my tears. Placing my bonnet on to protect my hair while I slept I don't forget to remove my contacts as well.

Turning off the light I opened my closet door, doing everything as softly as possible including walking which was already a struggle. It shut behind me but I kept my hand on the knob, eyes on him.

Him. Him. Him. God, him. He's... he's the push I needed to say those bad words. Damn he's every woman's wet dream. I don't have wet dreams but I'm sure if I did he'd be there. His focused gaze was solely on my sketch book, flipping through the pages.

I didn't have an ounce of bashfulness when I gave it to him but now I was becoming self-conscious. No one had ever seen my sketches before, definitely not my mother. She'd probably burn the book and me right along with it.