Thirty Three: Waterboarded

Sable Rae

I used everything in my vicinity as a weapon. If I could grab it— I threw it.

Every time he tried to get near me I chucked someone at his goddamn head. On weak legs I tried getting away to leave the room but I couldn't. I only fell to the floor. Paris was behind me fuming as I tried crawling towards the door.

The man grabbed a hold of my legs dragging me back as I screamed to be let go. "Stop, I don't want to be here! You're a liar just like everyone else!"

Flipping me over he straddled my waist, pressure being applied to the cut on my side. I screamed louder, hot pain searing through me.

"You have to calm down." He told me, speaking calmly to the point it was almost frightening.

I kicked my knee high in the air, hitting him right in the jewels. Paris coughs, doubling over and falling to the side. I push him off of me rolling onto my stomach. It's a good thing I took that martial arts class, my mother actually did right when it came to that.

Hurrying to get away, I start to crawl on hands and knees reaching for the doorknob.

"I'm seriously starting to get pissed off." He growls. A knife flies past my head, slicing my cheek and sticking into the wood. I wince, touching my face and pulling away to see blood.

Paris grabs me again pulling me further back. "N-no, no!"

"Sable—."

"Let me go, you're a fucking lier!" Picking me up from the floor Paris tosses me over his shoulder. I claw at his back, tearing his shirt in the process. "Your mother was right, you just wanted to sleep with me then leave! I should have known better, I was a fool to think that you could ever care about me. You're sick!"

He kicked open the bathroom door, placing me in the tub. My chest heaved from anger, and I couldn't even think straight.

"You should watch your mouth." Is all I hear him say before the shower cuts on soaking me in water. I yell, trying to get up but he pushes me back down. Paris grabs the shower head and my eyes widen.

"What are you doing?! Paris, no!"

He grabs my face, prying my mouth open. The water forced its way down my throat and into my nose choking me. I struggled to breathe, every air way in my body burning— tears trailing down my cheeks amidst the water. I felt like I was dying. Drowning at the hands of a psychopath was definitely not the way I thought I'd go out.

What was only seconds felt like minutes. He pulled away, his hold on me loosening as well. I coughed up water, spitting it up from my mouth and nose.

Paris turned off the shower, dropping the shower head into the tub. Slowly I came down from my coughing fit, my chest still heaving. I looked at him, silently looking at me.

He was staring, and I knew from that blank look in his eyes that he didn't regret a single moment of what he'd just done.

So neither would I.

I slapped him, my wet hand going across his cheek.

Licking his bloody lips he pushed a hand through his damp hair removing the fallen strands for his forehead. "Did that make you feel better?"