Ten: Armani

Daddy kane

The guard bangs against my cell a few times hitting the bars with his baton.

I lick my finger turning the page of my book. Looking over my glasses at the warden, he was so obviously shaking while trying to hide the fact from the other inmates that he was anywhere near me.

Damn dolt.

"What can I do for you, Breyer?" I ask, deciding to acknowledge him because this damn book was no form of entertainment.

'Dark Psychology and Gaslighting Manipulation.'

Not only is the word Gas Lighting used in every other sentence but the rest of the book repeats itself over and over and over again. There are 6 points that are made and repeated every single chapter and that's all you get from this.

A total waste of my fucking time, and that's saying something because I have a lot of it.

I have watched short 10 minute videos on YouTube that were more informative than this useless parrot of a "book".

A book about gaslighting, that somehow manages to gaslight you into making you feel that if I were to keep reading I'd learn something new.

If I wanted to be gaslighted I'd talk to my damn wife.

"I need you Delaney." The warden rasps, curling his sweaty fingers around the bars of my cell.

Not only do I, but the guard beside him looks at him questionably. "You should think before you speak Breyer, you'll give people the wrong idea spouting shit like that."

He violently shakes the door, the old metal rattling from force. "You know what I mean. What do you have, I need a fix."

Sighing, I closed the worn out book tossing it to the end of my bed. I jumped down from my bunk walking over to the bar but standing a few steps away. He tends to spit when he talks and I didn't want to have to murder him for any of that shit getting on me.

"What you need is a rehab facility and a proper bathing schedule." I retorted, disgustingly running my eyes from head to toe of his body. "I don't have anything, you know that shits illegal."

"Don't fuck with me right now! I know you have something, people talk Kane. What do you want, I'll give you anything. Fuck what do you want?!" He angrily asks, sweat dripping down his temples.

He was going through withdrawal. I know the signs even though I myself have never dealt with that heavy shit, I know my wife has. There were plenty of times I had to bring her back from the brink of death.

"There is nothing I could want from you, Warden. I have everything I could possibly need and if I don't my brother makes sure I do."

His face pales and he looks on the verge of throwing up. The Warden crouches— hands still holding onto the cell door for support. I have exactly what he needs but I fucking hate the man.

I rather support the bad habits of the other inmates than him.

It's funny watching people destroy themselves, especially men. They'll do anything to get their fix, even kill each other. I'm sure if my cell was open Breyer here would try and choke the breath from my lungs. He wouldn't make it far but a man can dream.