Thirty Seven: Woods Pt.1

Gaia Delaney

I almost stumbled as Kane pulled me through the dark woods.

Spiked branches cut at my arms and legs, leaves waking me in the face. My arms were bound in front of me, my mouth duct taped shut only allowing me oxygen through my nose.

Despite it being dark out, it was also hot. My chest ached with each step but mostly because of the endurance he was currently putting my body through. Kane held onto the middle of the cuffs with one hand the other holding his gun. I tried keeping up, my heart pounding in my chest because even though I knew I was in deep shit, I couldn't stop the want and need for this man.

He had my heart in his hands, everything that I am belonged to him.

I long since gave up trying to speak— getting nowhere and gaining a slap across the face each time. They said I was the crazy one but when it came to fear I felt it for no one but Kane. He may have not gotten a diagnosis but my husband is about as bipolar as it gets. One minute he can be the happiest man, smiling, laughing, joking— loving and the next he'll be worse than me during one of my manic episodes.

When I started to drag behind he yanked harder at the cuffs making me fall to my knees in the process. Kane groaned, stopping and looking back at me. "You're incapable of doing the simplest of fucking tasks."

He pulled me up from the dirt, yanking the tape from my mouth. Pain seared all across my face. "Any rougher and you'll snatch my lips off." I smiled condescendingly.

"Maybe then you'll stop sucking dick that isn't mine."

My smile dropped and I felt my left eye twitch. Pulling me once again, we continue on our little journey to wherever the fuck it is he's taking me.

"Paris told you, didn't he?"

He didn't answer me but I didn't need clarification. My son was petty enough to do it.

"You know, it's a shame that it took for me to spread my legs for your brother to get you to come home to me. Not even me having a baby could get you to do that." I laughed, even though I was far from amused and I'm sure so was he. "I know you said you stayed because you felt you owed Silas that much but it just doesn't make sense to me."

Their family had power. He could have gotten away with it, as a matter of fact he did.

When we were young Kane and Silas were known— the De Santis twins. They never got the name, curse their godforsaken mother but still they were the kids of Leone. Their father was feared by many if not all. His legacy was passed onto his kids and he only had two.

The man was evil reincarnated but that fear he enlisted into people also had its perks— it benefited his family in more ways than one. When Kane killed him Silas was automatically put into power, no questions asked.

My husband went to prison but of his own accord. He did it because he knew his brother would never forgive him— or so he said. I never believed that bullshit for one second, there had to be another reason.

"You can tell me if there was something else going on instead of trying to make me believe you willingly stayed there all these years." I told him, which he ignored. "Was someone blackmailing you? Did they threaten Paris, I mean come on Kane I need to know something."