Thirty Four: Love?

Paris Delaney

"Get as much rest as possible. Don't do anything strenuous, I want to prevent your stitches from ripping again, and also remember to eat. Stay hydrated Sable, when you were admitted you were severely dehydrated."

"I think we have it from here. Thank you Dr. Saito."

"You should call me Esme, everyone else does." The woman told Able, smiling at her before looking at me and glaring. "Be nice to her. Don't upset her to the point of having to retaliate against you. I don't need her stressing."

"What about my stress?"

"Take your pills, you'll be just fine."

After eight days of being stuck in this fucking hospital with this woman— and that's including after Sable woke up, I was just about ready to send her to an early grave. She's annoying and very pushy when it comes to everyone else's personal life. I guess that's where that psychology degree came in. Esmeralda specializes in medicine/medical and psychological counseling. She's basically a shrink and a doctor all in one. The woman is good at what she does, I know because she's worked on me plenty of times after getting hurt. She's been my doctor for a while— she's trustworthy and the only hands I knew Sable would be good in.

Despite all of that shit though, Esme is so fucking good at her job that she somehow pressured Able into telling her the truth about what happened two days ago. Apparently I tried to drown my girlfriend— which is a lie. I knew the limit, she wouldn't have drowned.

She had so much to say, even went so far as trying to scold me. No one had anything to say about my getting hit in my dick though. Twice!

Now she went and mouthed that I take medication. It was probably already obvious but goddammit, she's making it really fucking hard to like her ass.

"Sable, I'll see you in two weeks to check on your progress."

"Okay, what time should I come?"

"Don't worry about it." I told her. "It's a home visit."

"Cool, I'll let my mother know."

Esmerelda looks at me, but I silently threaten her to not say shit. Despite that mouth of hers she was still a bit scared of me, I could see it in her eyes. Shaking that look of what I'm guessing is concern off her face she hugs Sable goodbye before leaving.

Sable didn't know it yet but she wouldn't be going back to her mother's anytime soon. Her home was now with me. I didn't trust anyone else with her life. Not after the hell I've been through with her having been in a coma.

With me she's safe.

((()))

"Paris, watch out we're on steps!"

I huffed. "This would go so much faster if you would just get up. You can walk."

She looks up at me, batting her long eyelashes. "But I want you to push me."

"Then shut the fuck up, and stop your complaining." I mumbled yanking the wheelchair back and up the stairs. I kick open the house door behind me finally able to let this damn thing go.