Twenty Six: Worst Dynamic

Sable Rae

Waking up, my eyes adjust to the bright light from the morning sun.

I yawn, stretching my limbs and mostly detangling myself from Paris. His arm was wrapped around my waist as I laid on his chest, our legs entwined with each other's.

Sighing softly, I see the clock ticking away on the nightstand. It was nine in the morning. I don't know why but the realization brought a small smile to my face. I'd never slept in so long, my body is basically hardwired to get up at five o'clock every morning.

I've also never been this comfortable.

I couldn't decide which was better. Him holding me throughout the night or his mattress. Honestly the thing was like cotton heaven.

Looking at Paris I see he's still asleep. His chest evens out with every breath and he looks so different from when he's awake. He's a brooding mess throughout the day but when he's asleep he's like the most perfect angel.

I find myself slipping my phone from underneath his pillow and quickly unlocking it. Going to the camera I make sure my flash and ringer is off before snapping a book load of pictures. He was just too cute. How could anyone resist that face?!

When satisfied I put it to the side and lay my head back down on his chest. My fingers wander the patterns of his tattoos tracing the ink until I feel myself slipping back to sleep.

((()))

The smell of breakfast lulled me awake. This time I was alone in bed, the window opened letting in the talkative sound of the neighbors conversations and children running about.

I rubbed at my eyes before rolling over onto my back spreading my arms wide across the bed. The first thing I see is thousands of sticky notes plastered upon the roof, making my eyebrows furrow. I couldn't make out most of the blurry words, my eyes the least impressive thing on my body.

After some time I give up straining to see, and get up walking over towards the window. Surprisingly I felt light on my feet, there wasn't any strain or blood. Paris must have re-wrapped them when he woke up.

"You stupid bitch!"

Looking up from my feet I look out the window. There's a clear view of the side of the neighbors house, their room window open. I didn't want to be nosey but I couldn't help it. "Fuck you, I'm tired of sucking lousy dick for a man who can't even keep a fucking job! Go live with your bitch of a mother— since she's the only woman you seem to care about!"

I gasped when the man backhanded her, making her fly across the room. "Don't talk shit about my mother!"

With wide eyes I watched as she got up charging at him, screaming and tackling him to the ground. The two go at it for minutes— beating each other up.

After some time there yelling ceases and for a moment I think I must have hearing problems. It almost sounded as if— as if they were,

"Yes! Jessie right there, fuck me just like that!"

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, turning around and running out of the room. How could you go from committing domestic abuse to literally tearing each other's clothes off in a matter of minutes like that?!