First Date (Part 1)

Today is the big day. I have to make this evening perfect. I get cleaned up put on a nice pair of slacks and polo shirt. I head out to my garden to pick you a rose. I drive to your house and knock on your door. I hear you coming to the door. I think I'm ready and then the door opens. You look a vision in your dress.

"Wow..." escapes my lips.

I try and regain my composure. I hand you the rose. "For my lady. But this flower pales in comparison to your beauty."

You throw your head back and laugh behind your hand as you blush. You pluck your dress between thumb and forefinger and dip in a curtsy.

"My lord, always coming in with flowers and flowery language " you grin and take the flower.

You put your nose to the flower and take a deep breath and take in the sweet smell. "This is perfect... Please come in."

Your smile is disarming. Your laugh is music to my ears. I can feel a flush of warmth throughout my face and I know there is just a giant grin on my face. I take your hand and bow kissing it. "Please my lady. Lead the way"

You lead me through the hall way towards your bedroom " I still need some finishing touches... I hope you don't mind waiting."

I follow you inside. Completely entranced. I hear your voice echo and realize I should speak. "I'm not sure how you top perfection, but I'll gladly wait for you."

I shake my head as you close the door. Once closed I exhale, quickly trying to regain my composure. It seems my head has been swimming since the door opened and with you out of sight I can somewhat think again.

I've never seen you look so beautiful. The dress looks stunning on you and the lipstick...makes your lips so enticing I just want to kiss them. No...I gotta stay focused, this is my chance to impress you, my chance to win your heart...I don't want to come across as another lecherous guy...you deserve better than that.

I can't tell if it's a second or an eternity before the door opens again, but when it does I see you with the flower in your hair. My heart soars at the sight. I guess I was wrong, you can improve perfection.

I take your hand. I kiss your cheek. "You look amazing. Are you ready to go?"

We get to the car. You give my cheek a kiss as I help you inside. Closing the door I walk to the other side. Taking deep breaths as I go. Just gotta keep it together. I get in the car and I'm sure my face is blushing red. You see my blush and place your hand on my cheek.

Your hand on my cheek feels so cool...God my face must be on fire. I keep driving, one hand on the gear shift...I have thoughts of placing it on your knee...is it too soon?...will you like that?...Shit, I'm thinking too much....Gaaaaa....I take a slow breath...trying to relax...

You must see the nervousness in my face. You take my hand and place it on your knee.

"It's ok, don't stress yourself...I feel it too. Just relax " you tell me and give my hand a squeeze.

God...she can read me so well. Am I that much of an open book?

I rub my thumb gently on your knee through the fabric of your dress. "Thanks. I just...I just want everything to be perfect. You deserve the best."

Dinner was amazing and the conversation perfect. I can't think when I've had a better night. I pay the check and we move to leave. I slip my arm around you as we head to the car. You rest your head no my shoulder as we walk. You bit your lip as you grin " I want ice-cream "

I laugh and pull you in close. "That's fine. We'll go get you some ice cream."

I open the door for you. "Or we can be fancy and get gelato."

As I close the door you twist to face me "What's gelato? I have never heard of it before."

"Well gelato it is in then" I smile at you as I get in the car. "Gelato is an Italian version of ice cream. It's made slightly different but taste so much better"

You nod your head "Hmm it doesn't surprise me, Italians have it all figured out... May it be food, sweets, wine, cheese, fashion, make up, hospitality, sex...and now ice-cream " You say with a small smile on your face.

My eyebrow arches and I flush a little. Why did she mention sex? I start to drive, placing my hand on your knee again. The gelato place isn't far. I rush around and help you out again, holding you close to me...god you feel so good close to me, like you fit exactly by my side...I lead you inside. "What flavor would you like?"

"I'll have something chocolaty" you say with excitement.

"Then chocolate it is" I order us the gelato and lead you to a seat so we can eat it.

I smile as I see you enjoy. I rest my hand on yours as I look into your eyes. I could get lost in those eyes. I'm sure I have a stupid grin on my face, but I don't care. "So was it good. "

You smile at me "Hmm as I said the Italians has figured it out "

You take a spoonful and bring it to my lips "Try it."

I open my mouth to let you spoon in the gelato. I've never actually had the chocolate. You're right, it's good. It's great to see you so happy, I wish I could keep this moment forever. I rub my thumb over the back of your hand, you feel so warm and soft. I watch as you eat, the spoon touching your lips, thinking I've never wanted to be a spoon so much in my life.

"Stop staring. The spoon will shy away and melt " you say giving me a playful smile.

You see a drop of gelato on the corner of my mouth and use your thumb to wipe away it away. Then you put your thumb in your mouth to clean it.

My face turns red. Damnit...I got lost again. And now sucking on her thumb. She doesn't play fair. Ok, two can play this game.

I move my hand that's been rubbing yours underneath. I lift it to my lips and kiss it gently. Now placing my other hand on top I lower it gently. You hand sandwiched between mine. I look you in the eyes, with my best smile. "I've had a lovely evening with you."

"Me too. Thank you," you say.

I stand up and help you to your feet. When you stand I put my arms around you and bring you into a full embrace. I kiss your lips light and quick. Then I smile. "I guess I should get you home."

I see you blush as I pull away. God your lips feel so good. I see you're behind me and I slow up so I'm next to you. I see you're in a daze...shit I hope that's a good thing, I hope I didn't screw this up. I decided to take the chance...I put my arm around your waist and pull you close to me as we walk. You touch your lips and smile as you lean into me.

I see you touch your lips and smile. Good, I got it right. I pull you in closer as we get to the car. I open the door for you and help you in.

As I get in the car you lean over and give me a hug. Your hug feels so warm. It's hard to let go. You finally settle back and I begin to drive you home. My hand once more on your knee. My thumb brushing lightly. From the corner of my eye I keep watching amazed that such a beautiful woman is sitting next to me. You take my hand and I squeeze yours gently.

I park by your house and I get out to get your door. I help you out and walk you to your door. You unlock the door. I'm not sure if I should follow you in. I stand in the doorway still holding your hand....

You bring my hand to your lips and kiss it and pull me through the threshold...