Playing the Cards Right (Cards Part 3)

D-Day
Angelica x Jun Jun
X-8 hrs

No one's here yet.

I've been calling all their phones and no one's picking up.
Benjamin is swimming with Lana at the beach and I'm really getting pissed off- my best friend will be proposed to today and none of our barkada seems to have taken this thing seriously.

I swear, in our next life, I'll probably get two more girls in the group, so someone else would understand the importance of having this thing done perfectly on the first try.
There is definitely no do-over or take 2 or take 3.
Grrrr!

Then I looked at the night sky, and it seems that it's going to rain.
No... no... not on my watch.
Not if I can do something about it.
My best friend will be getting her dream proposal whether the universe likes it or not.

I was in the midst of dialing Jun jun's number when I felt two arms around me, his dripping wet, wetting my dress in the process. I felt him kissed my neck then said, "They still have time, Love", and before I could say a word, he took my phone from my hand, threw it to the mat they had set up on the sand, then put me on his shoulder, carrying me upside down.

"Benjamin, put me down", I said, my irritation getting to all time-high. I'm stressed, and the stress is not coming down because I can't see a single soul who promised to be here to help.

I heard him laugh and on the way to the water, I heard Little Lana giggled, and said, "Catch, Stranger!", which I knew pretty well she jumped to his other arm, both of us being carried to the water.

I can hear Lana's laughter and my stress is getting replace by fear when I see the shore getting farther for my liking, then I heard the guy said, "Hold tight on my neck Doll, while I'm putting Mama down", then I felt him pulled me down his body, and held me by the waist, as the world suddenly tilt back correctly and I'm having my feet under me.

"Benjamin, I'm telling you", and as I was pushing him trying to stand on my own, I was surprised when my feet could not touch the ground. 'Woah!", I said, my hands automatically hold his shoulder, while fearing my for my daughter's life. "Don't you dare let go of Lana, Benjamin"

To which he smiled and the scene on the pool by my house, the second day he came back to my life suddenly passed by my eyes, then I heard him said, "I'm will never let you go... both of you, ever"

I don't know what happened, but those stares and his words have touched something in my heart.

Suddenly the past is no longer important, and I don't care whether those butterflies are here to stay. All I see is somewhere in the future, with Little Lana... Little Borj and Little Roni running around the house, Benjamin picking the youngest and putting her on his shoulder, while carrying Little Lana and that Little boy, one in each arm, walking towards me, then placing a kiss on my lips.

"Baby", I heard him said, as he wakes me up from my daydream.

I smiled and whispered, "I gave you your chance to stay away, Love. There's no way I'm letting you go now"

"And I you, Baby... You're stuck with me, until ever after"

----

D-Day
Angelica x Jun Jun
X-6 hrs

She has changed into another sundress.
The length is almost reaching her ankle, ribbons tied on her shoulder.
I can just stay here, watching her every second of every day.
Then I saw Little Lana running to her, matching her outfit.
She braided her hair, like how she has braided hers.
Can I just keep them both now?

I was lost in my thoughts, when my phone rang.

"We're here" I heard Yuan on the other line.

I smiled, shaking my head. "I know"