His Side of Town

"Mahal kita ng sobra sobra, pero hindi kita bibitawan"

I woke up at around 5am. My right arm felt a bit numb, but I found myself smiling remembering the reason of my half dead body.

Roni is sleeping like a log. Hindi sya makahanap ng pwesto kaya ang likot nya matulog. At one time, she was on top of me, her head on my neck- para akong nagpapatulog ng bata.

The next time I woke up, her head was on my chest, her right arm almost hitting me on my face, tapos nakadantay yung right leg nya sa akin- ginawa naman akong bolster pillow.

At around 2am, she's on my left side, my left arm her pillow, her back to me- and scared that she might fall, I have my right arm holding her to me, and unintentionally spooning her. That's probably the longest fifteen- thirty minutes of my life. I was calming myself until sleep took pity on me and brought me to dreamland.

And now it's 5am. I don't know how she managed to turn around, but she's now facing me, her right arm between us, while her left hand has a tight hold to my shirt, her face just below my chin, tapos nakagitgit sa leeg ko- her soft breaths are tickling my neck.

I felt her move a little, so softly I asked, "Baby, are you awake?"

"Baby?" She whispered smiling.

I chuckled, then said, "Bangon na po Mahal na Prinsesa"

I felt her shook her head, then said against my neck "I like 'Baby'"

I held her closer then kissed her on her head, "Baby it is then. Baby, wake up"

"Five minutes. This is comfy"

"Whatever you say, Princess"

"I love you", I heard her whispered against my neck.

And just like that, I could just drop dead today, and probably just wake up again tomorrow

"I love you more" I said smiling against her head.

"I like sleeping with you", she said smiling, her eyes still closed.

"Ha ha ha!", I laughed nervously, and that nervousness of course has caused a few seconds delay for an appropriate reply, which did not escape her attention. So when I felt her took a deep breath and was about to turn around, I held her tighter and whispered, "I love waking up with you"

I felt her smiled, hugged me as well and ginitgit na naman ako.

Yeah... I agree, this is comfy.

I didn't realize that we fell asleep again.
The next time I opened my eyes, it was already bright outside. I checked my watch and saw that it was already 7am.

The girl is still sleeping soundly.

I tried to move a bit so I can stand up but her hold to my shirt tightened.

I slowly loosened her hold while kissing her on the head. I held her and turned us around so her back was on the sofa.

"Gising na po"

"Hmmm... five minutes"

"Kanina pa yung five minutes. Naka-2 hours ka na"

She shook her head and opened her eyes a little. She looked at me, held my face then said, "you need to shave", then turned around again, dismissing me.

"Roni... madami ka pang gagawin"

"Borj, I'm not supposed to talk to you. Nagtatampo ako, remember?"

"I remember. Kaya bumangon ka na... late na yung tampo mo"