Love is...

Day - 1
Week - 1
Difficulty Level - Easy

It was 5 in the afternoon.
I have my hair up in a high ponytail, wearing loose shirt and sneakers, my head under the hood of my red mini hatchback.
Borj has been out for about three hours now.
Hindi makahintay si hijo.

I was looking at all the engines, not really sure what I was looking at.
What is it again that they taught in driving school before?
BLOWBAGETS...
Which is which?

I was holding my phone, trying to google what to check when his call came in.

"Where are you?"

"Nasa far away. Why?"

"Wala ka sa unit mo"

"Benjamin, why are you stating the obvious?"

"Nasaan ka nga?"

Then a random stranger, I think the guy from the floor above us approached me and said, "I noticed you've been under the hood for about ten minutes now. Is there any issue I can help with?"

"Oh... no... no, there's no issue, I think. I was just trying to recall the basics", I said smiling, a bit embarrassed.

Then when I remember that guy on the other line, I was surprised to see that he hanged up the call. Problema nun.

I was smiling to this guy- I think his name is Matteo, as he was telling me stories about his first car. He was wiping his hands to a cloth, his eyes intently on my face- I was feeling a little bit awkward and when he lifted his hand, I heard Borj shouted from afar.

"Ronaliza, I've been looking for you!", he said, his face fierce.

Matteo was probably surprised as well, and he stood up from his leaning position on my car and looked at the guy who just came.

Borj's steps were certain, his eyes on me, then he threw the guy beside me with a stern look, which threw me off guard. He took something from the dashboard of my car then held my face and wiped something from my chin.

"You have oil on your face. Did you kiss your engine?"

My eyes widen with the way he's talking, but he just grinned when he probably saw that I got a bit offended.

"Tapos na manligaw ang Intsik?"

"Ha?"

"Dumalaw ka ba naman kay Bea ng nakatirik ang araw. I heard Chinese normally does that"

"Are you jealous?"

"Excuse me?"

"Wala... Sabi ko, what are you doing here?"

"Oh yeah... Borj, this is Matteo- he is staying on the floor above us. Matteo, this is Borj..."

"The boyfriend?"

"Oh... no, he's not my boyfriend", I smiled weakly, then looked at the guy beside me whose eyes were on Matteo.

"Does that mean you're single?"

"Ah... no. She's taken. She's been spoken for", Borj said, his eyes challenging the other guy.

I don't know what transpired between their eyes, but Matteo nodded to something that Borj has said silently.

"I'll see you around, Roni", to which I smiled, but Borj whispered, "Or not" beside me.

"You have problem with him, Benjamin?"

"And you're really asking me that?"

"Nagsiselos ka?"

"And if I say yes?"