Game Over

"I love you, Baby! I hope you know that by now", then he grinned and walked away.

Lana is lying down between me and Borj. Borj was seated on her right side, one hand with a can of beer, the other on top of his one knee, intently watching the animation in front of him. Lana would once in a while tap his leg and say something like, "Did you see that, Stranger? Did you see that?", to which he would reply with, "That's really amazing, Princess".

I have probably watched less than a quarter of the movie because I was watching their interaction more than what is currently being shown on the screen. I was seated on the other side of Lana, and just like him, my back on the sofa, comforter on my lap and a can of soda on hand.

I didn't know that I was staring a bit longer when I heard him say, "Miss, ima-mine mo na ba? Kanina pa nakatambay yung tingin nyo, naiinip na yung nasa pila".

I saw him grinning so I immediately removed the smile on my face and said, "Ay may pila ba ulit? Akala ko na-mine ko na. Next item na lang pala"

His face was suddenly serious, and then he whispered, "Come here"

I just shook my head and smirked at him.

"Baby, I'll just tell you something"

I was grinning but I still shook my head, "no"

I saw him look at Lana and then at me, he smiled and whispered with a warning in his tone, "You'll lean nearer here or I'll go to you. Your choice"

Shaking my head, looking at him, sinimangot ko yung mukha ko tapos nag-lean ng konti towards sa side nya, then I was surprised when he held my face and kissed me on the lips, then he said, "Wala na pong next item. Saka ako na to, ayaw mo pa?"

That made me grin real big. "Ang yabang mo!"

"Ayaw mo talaga?", he asked na nagtatampo.

I grinned at him, then said, "Gusto. Gustung-gusto. Sobra-sobra"

Then his eyes were suddenly focused on me. He kissed me again, then he smiled and said, "Mahal na mahal. Sobra-sobra. Ganun po yung sagot"

———

Then I saw her eyes softened, she touched my face, then she smiled at me, and repeated, "Mahal na mahal. Sobra sobra".

Himlay malala ang Jimenez.

When the movie finished, knock out yung mag-Mama. I was carrying Little Lana when Mama woke up and immediately sat up, wanting to take Lana from me.

"Ako na"

"I'll open the door"

"Nope, I'll just move her to your room here"

She shook her head as if confused about what I was saying. "We have a room here?"

I smiled and said, "Yeah. The one beside mine. In case mag-away kayong mag-Mama, at least may pupuntahan kayo na hindi malayo"

She looked at me, and grinned, "Kami talaga nung anak ko yung mag-aaway?"

"Alangan namang tayo?",  I smiled, winked at her then carried Little Lana to the room.

———

I followed Borj to where our room supposedly is.

I felt him looking at me, as I stood at the door, looking around the room.

This looks familiar. The lampshades, the bed, the dresser, the toy shelf.

He turned on the night lamp beside Lana, and I knew exactly what would appear on the walls and ceiling- lanterns similar to what was shown in Tangled.

I looked at the guy who was now walking near me. He was scratching his head. He was smiling shyly, then he stopped in front of me, his hands to my waist.