End Of

I woke up with a headache, and a heavy thing on my midsection, preventing me from sitting up. I held my head, and then slowly opened my eyes, and saw a seemingly familiar room, which definitely is not mine. Then when I looked at that heavy thing on my midsection, I realised that it was an arm, and the fact that my body is not rejecting that arm, and I'm not hysterical at the moment, somehow gave it away why I don't even need to see whose arm that is.

The guy steered beside me, he's lying face down, but his face is partly on my side. He held  me tighter, and kissed the side of me that is near him.

I lifted the comforter covering us, and I'm no longer surprise when I saw I was wearing his white button down with a very subtle Jimenez stitched on the front pocket.

I closed my eyes again, then I found myself pulling my hair, torn on what to do next. I sighed then looked at the guy beside me, whose hold on me is getting tighter, like he's somehow feeling the space between us.

"You're not going anywhere, if that's what you're sighing about" I heard him whispered as a warning, then I felt him climb my body a bit, then I felt him grinned, he was kissing my neck next and before I could even hit him, he smiled and rolled on the bed, bringing me partly on top of him, his other hand now firmly holding my hips.

"Keep your hands where I can see them, Jimenez", I said as I tried to push myself up so I can see his face.

"Jimenez?", I heard him asked, and then suddenly it felt like he was not so sure.

I closed my eyes and smiled, "Love... hands where I can see them", I said when I felt his other hand on my hips moving to my legs.

"Hands where you can see them. Got it", he said with that boyish smile. Then I felt him positioned me on top of him, then he was snuggling my neck.

"Mister.... ", I said as a warning.

"Five minutes. Let's just snuggle a bit then we'll talk", he said, while hugging me tight to him, his hands on safe places. "I miss you, Baby"

I smiled, because somehow I felt that.

"I miss you", he repeated, kissing me behind my ear, which earned him a slap on the chest as I tried to move away from him, but his hold on me is tight. So I smiled, and snuggled closer to him as well as I whispered, "I miss you, Love"

"Let's just stay here all day. This is comfy", he said, as he kissed the top of my head

I took a deep breath, then I uttered, "You smell like home", and was surprised when he stilled, and only then I realised that I said that out loud. Lately, I've been losing track of the things I'm saying in my head and to this guy, which I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

He hugged me tighter, then he whispered, "I am home, Baby. I love you"

I closed my eyes, then whispered against his heart, "I love you, Love", and we stayed like that, my head on his chest, hearing his heart, my heart in his hand, finally beating again.

——-
We woke up thirty minutes later. I was hugging her from behind, our hands intertwined on her waist. I kissed her shoulder then asked, "Are you awake?"

"Hm...", she said as a response. "Did you sleep?"

"No. I couldn't sleep after I realized that we're here finally"

I felt her turned around and hugged me tight.

"Is it over now?", she asked, her voice too soft, she probably not even sure if I heard her.

"Come here", I said, while pulling her up so she's facing me and I can see her eyes. "Whenever there's any issue or misunderstanding, I hope we trust each other enough to talk like this", I said, touching her nose, smiling. "And to answer your question. Yes, it's over. It was over three years ago"