Choose Happy

Day - 9
Week - 2
Difficulty Level- Average

I seldom see Borj these days.
He had breakfast with Lana three times this week, which is still commendable given his current work load and deadlines,  plus the time he needs to allot for Bea.

No... I'm not being bitter.
I understand Bea.
And I know how much she loves Borj.
I'm a close acquaintance of fear, doubts and insecurities, so when I noticed that Borj has been spending time with her everyday and calling her every night, my heart wants to jump for joy for her.
I want to congratulate Borj for a job well done, while reminding myself not to forget to pick the pieces of my heart on the floor.
I still need to put it together, preferably before I move to far way and finally move on.

It's Saturday, almost 11pm.
Lana is past asleep on my lap.
We're watching Tangled for the nth time, when the lock on my front door turned.
I need to remind myself to change that lock next week.

I saw him slowly opened the door, probably checking whether there's anyone who's still up.

"You're still awake! Good!", he said, smiling, a box of sweets on one hand and flower on the other.

"Benjamin, has it ever happen that no one's awake when you try to sneak into my house?"

"Sneak in talaga?", he grinned, while he's washing his hand. "It never happened yet. I always try to come home before 11pm. I knew 12 is a bit 50-50, so if I could, I try to be back as early as I could. Little Lana's asleep?"

"Yeah...she slept halfway through the movie"

He crouched in front of us, and just stared at Lana. "I missed you today, Little Doll", he said, then he looked at me, and I knew he wanted to say he missed me too, but he just stared at me for a second longer or two, then he took Lana from my lap and carried her to her bed.

I just stared at his back, while trying to put that smile on my face.

After a few seconds, I decided to stand up and check the things he brought. I was staring at the flower and the cake.... I was not sure whether I should open it or keep it- it's probably for Bea tomorrow.

I then just decided to boil hot water in case he wants to drink chocolate. He's probably still full, so I stopped myself from reheating the food that I kept for him.

I was standing behind the kitchen counter, lost in my thoughts, when I was surprised that the guy is standing in front of me.

"A penny for your thought", he said, smiling.

I just smiled back at him, and tried to gather all the energy left in me, so he won't notice how I've been feeling down lately.

"You look good. I told you madali kang ibenta when you try to exert a bit of effort"

"If I only knew that this is your kind of man, I would have brought you with me and shop those button downs in different shades of green, including that sage"

"Nah... not my type. I only said you look good. I didn't say it's my type"

"Because you like me in henleys and polo shirt... once in a while, in that sage button downs- but not too often.... I also like that me"

"Iba rin ang confidence natin a. Anong sabi ni Ms. Bea? Sigurado nahulog na yun nang sobra sobra"

"Haha! Roni, nasasanay kang tropa tayo ha"

"I'm happy for you... really. Ah... Borj, I'm boiling water in case you want to drink hot chocolate. But if you'd rather sleep, I'll just turn it off"

"If I'd rather sleep.... I'd stay up all night if I could keep you awake, sitting on the sofa and telling me about your day"