Chapter 70 - Lucy

A/N I'm sorry I know this should be Natsu's chapter but his needs to be the last chapter of the story so I had to break the pattern a little. Please forgive me. 💖 Also I'm so sorry it didn't update on Sunday! I forgot 😓

My babies, my sweet sweet babies, I'm going to end up falling asleep if I don't get up but they had cried wanting me to hold them so I ended up laying down with all of them, even Nashi and Luke who are almost seven now.

“Natsu? I want to go home. I miss our nakama,” I whispered when I saw him peek in the doorway. I saw him smile before quietly coming inside and kissing me on the forehead.

“Next week, I'll call Happy and let him know to start cleaning the house,” he chuckled and I smiled. He left the room again and I cuddled our babies. We're finally going home!

***

It was a long train ride home with so many children but Luna just held on to me while looking around curiously, Layla and Igneel held their daddies hands and Luke and Nashi seemed to try and guard us all from any possible danger. I chuckled before summoning Loke and Aries and sending them with the two oldest to get healthy snacks for everyone from the dining car. Luke and Nashi ran out cheering, having already forgotten about trying to keep us safe while Natsu and I laughed at their enthusiasm.

Virgo and Capricorn were already in Magnolia helping (probably doing it by themself) Happy clean the house for us and getting the kid's rooms ready. Right now Layla and Igneel are still sharing a room but Nashi and Luke will be getting their own rooms once we get home and they are excited. They already know that they will share a room with Layla and Igneel next year but the year after that all four of them will have their own rooms. As for Luna though, she is still in the nursery next to mine and Natsu's room.

Luke and Nashi are still six, Layla and Igneel are four and little Luna just turned two a couple months ago. I cuddled my baby who cooed cutely and giggled. She can talk but she already knows that I like these cute giggles the most.

It wasn't until we were finally in Magnolia that my heart could stop pounding though. Walking through the streets while our children either ran around with a spirit close behind or held tightly onto Natsu's hand, baby Luna of course was still hugging me while I carried her.

“Mommy! I see a huge building up ahead! Is that it? Is that it?” Nashi sang out her excitement before running back, not able to stand still.

“That's right princess,” Natsu grinned answering for me before kneeling down for her and Luke. You can run ahead and say hello first, we'll be inside in just a few minutes,” he whispered but I heard him easily enough. Nashi and Luke both looked starstruck but quickly ran off for the guild hall while we watched.

“How much chaos do you think they can cause before we get there?” I asked giggling as they ran ahead.

“Only enough to get their attention before we get there,” Natsu smiled back before giving me a light kiss. Layla and Igneel wanted to be held now though so Natsu kneeled down and picked them up so that they could piggy back on him, each leaning on a shoulder.

I could hear their giggles as they played with their father and when I looked up again I saw our oldest two enter the guildhall. Igneel held onto his daddy while Layla bubbled her excitement, her knuckles white as she held onto her daddies vest. She is scared but unlike Igneel who stayed somewhere safe from his fears she couldn't help going out to explore hers. While Nashi and Luke were a little headstrong and excitable they were also honest and tended to take things at face value. If we said it was safe or okay they acted as though they've known their whole lives, never questioning it.

Thankfully Luna was a quiet child who just smiled and watched the world around her, neither staying away or jumping in but simply enjoying it.

“Mom Dad! Everything is so big!” Nashi and Luke ran up hugging our legs.