Chapter 25 - Lucy

(The fight)

"Begin!" Yukino yelled ducking out of the way just in time for the three of us to let our magical pressure run wild. I could even see how the light and darkness changed around us but honestly that didn't really matter. It was time to fight! I summoned Cancer's duel words from his star dress and leaped into the air, both Rogue and Sting were right next to each other and had to use their dragon slayer claw attack to block me, they were just too close to each other to dodge.

When I saw that I wasn't going to physically push through, I used my momentum to flip over backwards and land in another fighting stance. They responded with their dragon roars and I used a new move called Blackest Night to side step out of the way. Basically I stepped into the shadows just like Rogue can do and I saw his eyes widen in disbelief when I stepped out of the shadows behind them, now holding Sagittarius' bow before pulling back an arrow made of what looked like fire towards them.

"Red Dwarf Shot!" I released the arrow that then split into two, each going their own way towards their targets; Rogue and Sting. Rogue managed to side step it using the shadows like I had, but I figured he would so when he started to step out from behind me I already had Cancer's swords back and used one to parry his dragon fist attack. While the other arrow found its mark, flinging Sting back several meters, shocking Rogue. He must have thought that since it was made of light even from fire he would have been fine. Jokes on them. He was however able to stay upright so I have to give him credit for that.

Sting did manage to knock first one of my swords then the other out of my grip so I released the magic I had been using to let them disappear before summoning Tauros' dual axes which caught their attention. As far as they knew I had never fought this way before. Sure I have fought alongside my spirits, usually with a whip, but I haven't even made a move to summon anyone yet and I could see that they were getting nervous.

They knew all too well that a summoner's highest level spell was their spirits, they have fought alongside Yukino for far too long not to know that. So they had to know it was bad if I was fighting without even trying to summon them at all. Forget the fact that they are barely keeping up with me two vs. one.

They gave each other a look and I could see them give the slightest of nods before they were by each other's sides again the dark and light surrounding them bending in a way that looked very much like a black hole probably would and did a twin dragon roar while shouting, "Black Hole Dragon Slayers Roar!" I can't lie. I almost collapsed laughing at that. They want to use Celestial style magic now do they? I can show them true celestial magic then.

"Eclipse!" I summon what looked like a field of stars to the arena giving the field an otherworldly appearance before dragging my fingers across the constellations around me creating what looked like ripples in an otherwise still pool of water. "Heavenly Showers," my voice was low but they could easily hear me as I continued to pull the ripples towards them. Creating a miniature meteor shower that they couldn't get out of the way of.

"Mar's Lance," I was starting to breathe a little heavy but I ended up holding what looked like a lance made of red marble and instead of trying to stab at them I simply waved it through the field of stars still surrounding us creating solar flares as I did. The wave hit them like an ocean tidal wave, there was no way to dodge not even for myself. I was hit by the wall of flames only to feel it warm my now chilled body. Eclipse will do that, very slowly it chills the air and eventually it seeps into the bones of the people standing in its field.

Since it was my magic the heat felt nice, much like taking a nap in the summer sun. For String and Rogue on the other hand...

"Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" Their screams chorused. When they finally stopped screaming they lunged at me like a couple of cornered dogs, wildly and savagely. There was no real plan of attack, it looked like they were doing anything and everything they could just too land a single hit on me but I kept dodging out of the way or using Cancer's swords to block them until I finally had enough.

I jumped back and called out, "Black Hole!" raising a hand into the air, a black sphere appeared and gradually grew larger, sucking the stars nearest to it first while my hair whipped wildly around me and soon enough everyone could see both Rogue and String trying to grab a hold of something anything at all to keep themselves anchored to the ground. I waited until the black hole managed to eat what would have been the north star from the big dipper before releasing the magic and creating what could be called a big bang. When the shock wave finally settled down everyone could see Sting and Rogue gasping for air before finally passing out.

I won.

I barely heard Yukino announce me the winner before I was tackled by Natsu and Happy who were practically screaming in my, now very sensitive, ears. While Happy was even sobbing, whether it was from relief or excitement or a combination of both I couldn't tell, but I was about to go deft if he kept it up. Natsu however must have been having the same issue because he put a hand over his mouth and dropped something in it. A fish...

Natsu just muffled our baby with his favorite food and it worked. He stopped squealing in our ears and Natsu and I both breathed a sigh of relief before Natsu closed Happy's sack again. That explains where he got the fish from.

I look around and see Yukino and several of the Sabertooth guild members trying to wake their masters up but they weren't responding. I rolled my eyes and looked at Yukino like she was being an idiot but to be fair she kind of was, at least at the moment. I tell Aries what I wanted and then summon her making nearly all of the Sabertooth members jump back. I couldn't help chuckling at them before taking three plates of hot food from her, handing one to Natsu before walking over with the other two towards Sting and Rogue. Aries gate closed and before I was even halfway to the slayers they were fidgeting in their sleep.

"Time to wake up, food is ready," I sing happily and see them actually open their eyes and sit up slowly still rubbing their heads just before I get there. I handed each confused dragon slayer a plate before winking at them and walking back to Natsu and Happy again.

The utter chaos of the day has been the perfect Fairytail kind; fun. We hung out for a little while chatting with the Sabertooth members who kept watching me in awe until Natsu draped a possessive arm around my shoulders. It wasn't anything more than what he would have done a couple years ago but now Natsu's growl would be followed by more than a punch to the face.

When we finally left Natsu and I managed to get a room for the night it was still fairly early but considering our last job our internal clocks were telling us it was WAY past bedtime. I did however play with Happy who decided that he wanted to take me flying to celebrate my win so while we were a few hundred feet in the air outside of town he was doing twists and turns and even a few barrel rolls. I couldn't stop myself from laughing and squealing as we flew through the air but I could tell he was getting pretty tired and I felt my magic knot up inside my gut and I decided to trust it.

"Happy?" I waited until he looked down at me before telling him to, "Drop me." I could feel the huge smile on my face as I said it and at first he tried to refuse shaking his head but I shook my head. "Trust your mommy, I'll be alright." He seemed to freeze but suddenly nodded and did as I asked.

I plummeted back to the ground but I wasn't even a little afraid. I felt free. I opened my eyes and said the spell that seemed to burn through my veins like fire. "Celestial Dragon Wings," my voice couldn't have been more than a whisper even to someone standing right next to me so I don't have a clue if Natsu heard me or not from his place on the ground.

I felt my magic surge through me and suddenly I was going up instead of down. I looked to either side of myself and sure enough there were what looked like dragon wings made of what looked like the night sky I flew back to where Happy was still and grinned.

"Race you to your daddy?" I asked playfully and I saw his eyes light up even more before we both dove down giggling and laughing as we do. I look ahead of us and see Natsu just standing there staring at us with his mouth open.

"Incoming!" Happy and I sang out before tackling him to the ground and we released our magic, still giggling at the rush of adrenaline still flowing freely in our veins.

"How-?" Natsu started to ask and Happy covered his mouth.

"Shh! If you're really good maybe Mommy or I will teach you how to fly," Happy did really good keeping a straight face. He made it all the way to the end before he burst out laughing and I couldn't keep my giggles to myself anymore. Eventually Natsu joined us laughing on the ground before Happy started tickling him and I couldn't just not join in.