Chapter 42 - Natsu

We had overslept and everyone should be ready to go to the Dragon Realm today, the new members won't be going because they were worried that their dragons would let themselves pass on and they didn't want to chance them passing while in the Dragon Realm, making it to where they would never actually meet them. I remember what Igneel said about the dragons only going to the Dragon Realm if they died on Earthland. That also left someone here in case more dragon slayers arrived while we were gone, they would explain the situation and whatever questions they would be able to answer some of them until we came back.

I mean we'll only be gone for a few hours but whatever I guess? The dragon slayers and their exceeds were all nervous and fidgeting when we arrived. But they waited for us to eat and I couldn't help laughing at how Sting and Rogue were twirling in their chairs.

Apparently they decided to pass the mantle of Master to another Sabortooth member the one Luce fought during our first magic games. A few ended up quitting Sabortooth and following Sting and Rogue and joined Fairytail with them, including Yukino? For some reason I really thought she would have stayed with the dark haired lady, the new master. But nope.

"It's going to take a while to get used to you actually being in our guild instead of leading Sabortooth," Erza smiled at them.

"That's nothing, it's going to take a while to get used to the council not looking for us everytime one of the members destroys something," Sting laughed thowing his head back. "Of course I did offer the position to Natsu but he and blondie refused to leave Fairytail."

"Why would you offer the position to the Flame Brain?" Gray asked confused and he wasn't the only one tilting his head at the pair.

"Sting! Rogue! We're ready to go," I called out as if they couldn't hear me if I just whispered.

"Coming!" They yelled back and we all went outside and Luce opened the gate letting us in, I barely even noticed Master grab a hold of my vest while we walked in.

"You could have just said you wanted to come," I shrugged when he got himself situated.

"Well you all have conveniently been so busy and pulled away before any of us could ask our questions, that or you're ignoring us altogether." I watched him lift an eyebrow at me.

I shrug just admitting to it since he was the only non-slayer here, "Fair enough, but even you have to admit the guild can be a bit much. We just want a little privacy and not get hounded all day."

"Hounded about what all day?" He asked, he was still glaring at me but at that moment Luce's mom came running out with her human dad.

"Lucy!" She called out and Luce quickly jumped into her arms while we heard deep chuckles behind me and when I turned around, there was Igneel chuckling at our little family reunion. I jumped up my fist already on fire and he blocked the playful attack before we started laughing. He let out a roar announcing our arrival and the other dragons came flying into the courtyard, including Draco who was protectively curling his tail around Luce.

The once quiet courtyard was now filled with the laughter and cheers of our friends and family, I could see that Master was shocked silly at seeing the spirits of our passed loved ones. For that matter when First Master Mavis came out with Zeref who decided all by himself that we needed to have a match and we started laughing and fighting while ignoring the flinches from the other slayers.

We fought and played for hours and everyone was just happy to be with their loved ones not caring about Zeref and I fighting while Luce and our parents cheered for us. Well for me anyway.

"Go Natsu!" Luce giggled and I let out a laugh before getting a good hit on Zeref who went flying back.

"Hey! That's no fair," Zeref dusted himself off before jumping back at me but I didn't even flinch.