Chapter 19 - Lucy

A/N Sorry I have spent all day trying to edit and taking care of my sick 4 year old. So if you see any mistakes please comment 'Burn it with Fire!' and I will fix as soon as I am able! Again I'm so sorry, I start a new job tomorrow so I don't know yet how that will effect my update schedule. So here is to hoping it doesn't! ✨🌹✨

It didn't take long for them to announce the twin dragon slayers, that are not actually related, and I saw for myself what Hisui meant by people gossiping. I feel bad for them. I know Natsu was going crazy about them watching us but they are getting every little thing nitpicked at. But it's not like I didn't know what this world was like. I did grow up in it myself, as the lone heiress of the Heartfilia Estate.

They walked over and greeted Hisui and when they saw Natsu and I, they came over before freezing in their greeting. I laughed at their silliness and pretended I was a queen just like Hisui who laughed at our silliness. I fixed Natsu's scarf around my waist so that I didn't have to worry about it coming off. Natsu had insisted that I wear it and I had happily accepted, I love his scarf.

Natsu came over laughing at their shocked faces but when he put his arm around me I could feel his muscles were tense. Why? I looked back at Sting and Rogue to see them still staring at me, my neck in particular.

I lowered my voice so that only the slayers could hear me, "Is there something on my neck or something?" I looked at Natsu who gave a light squeeze.

"Luce, your makeup didn't cover your mark," he kept his voice low and it took all the self control I could muster not to cover my neck. I remember reading that the mating mark was not visible to non-slayers except when the person wearing it wanted it to be. Crap I didn't put foundation on my neck because I was looking forward to Natsu kissing on me when we could get away. I didn't even think about Sting and Rogue.

I smile and step towards Sting acting like I was fixing his collar and keep my voice so low that only the slayers could hear me. "Tell anyone and I will rip out your very soul separating it from your body and throw you into a black sun to suffer for all of eternity." I gave his collar a stiff yank to flatten the creases I found in it while giving him my sweetest smile. I moved over and fixed Rogue's collar as well and I could see that he plainly heard what I had to say and maybe because of his own magic he knew just how possible it was to do it. Then again, maybe not.

I step away and Natsu drapes his arm playfully back on my shoulders. I perked up for real and asked, "So I heard you two are each other's lifemates, how did that come about?" I had kept my voice low but this time I let people notice that I was talking even if they had no hope of hearing me.

Both of them went bright red and Sting hissed, "Who told you that!" He however was not quiet like I had been.

"That's not a no," I turn to Natsu who was laughing his ass off at the whole thing. He shook his head no in agreement and I smiled back at them. "Congratulations! I hear that it is life changing and I for one support you," I held my fingers up in a peace sign by my eyes and winked at them.

I really do support them if they are together, even if Natsu and I didn't mate. I mean whose business is it who we love so long as both people are happy with it? I see them both relax and I see Rogue slowly nod accepting everything and confirming the rumors.

"So how long?" I was curious and Natsu is paying close attention as well.

"Three days ago," Sting answered, giving up. "Can you really do the whole black sun thing?" He didn't keep his voice down but I smiled anyway.

"Yes, the Celestial King had me practice on a few, uh, people." I tried to answer without giving away the fact that they were not exactly human. Those evil cherub babies came in handy.