Chapter 66 - Natsu

That job took forever but I was also able to see the cloak store owner again and he was surprised and relieved to see me.

"Right after your messenger left I had some girl idol group show up and they bought my entire stock. I was just on my way to the hotel to find out how to get in contact with you!" He was actually crying when he saw me. "Oh? Where is your flying Exceed friend?" He looked around confused but it made me smile anyway. 

"My boy is with a friend for a while. My mate is... Well," I fidgeted, how do I say this? Can I say it? It's not like he knows anyone from the guild so it should be safe but if he gets into contact with the guild when he looks for me in the future it could cause problems.

"Say no more, I can see that it's complicated. Anyway, do you have time to help me with the cloak order? I have 7 due in two days, if you can't I understand I did tell the group that it would depend on if my fire mage was available so it's not like my reputation is at stake or anything," he was rambling and I couldn't help chuckling, it's not like it would have been my fault if he did promise but considering I'm the only fire wizard he knows that is willing to climb all the way up here he really doesn't want me uncomfortable.

"Well it worked out anyway, you basically have me until the hotel fixes the furnace but then I have to leave right away, even if it's the middle of the night," I shrugged and his eyes went wide at that but I mean it. "I just lit the pilot light so there should be about 2 hours left-," he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards his shop and I didn't finish what I was saying.

"Come blizzard or the end of the world I WILL get those cloaks done!" He yelled out while pulling me, I laughed at his excitement but let him pull me anyway. It's not like I wasn't bored out of my mind already anyway.

I have to give the old man credit, the cloaks were of course already made but his magic takes time and from the looks of it effort. I watched for a long time before an idea hit me.

"Can you enchant other things besides cloaks for other reasons? Like shoes that will make you faster or walk on water?" I asked, ideas running through my mind. "Or baby clothes?" I remember one of the sleep sacks she had shown me and how she explained that babies couldn't use blankets and things like that.

"Yes, it's really easy but I never thought of shoes to walk on water before, I would probably need a water mage for that one. If memory serves there should be one down the street at the grocery market, she uses her magic to keep the ice off of the fruit and vegetables although I don't understand how," he murmured a few other things too but I remember there being a water dragon slayer somewhere but they are probably too young anyway. Juvia would actually be better but then again I guess it wouldn't really matter who the mage was so long as it was a woman and not a man. No. It matters.

"Could you enchant one item to do multiple things? Like a cloak to not only keep them warm like the ones we are making but also to keep them from getting wet and walking on water?" I asked, I could probably summon a spirit and have them bring me a pair of Luce's shoes or even get them to have her pick out a new pair just for walking on water or to keep from getting wet but it would be easier to keep a baby healthy by keeping them dry and warm but not too warm. A sleepsack would probably be best or really any item Luce decides is the cutest thing for the baby. I wonder if a pair of socks could do it? Or just a bracelet of some kind? So many ideas swirling in my head.

"I could but most people couldn't. I have been doing this since I was a very young man, and it took a lot of training. At best one item could have two enchantments on it and that IS me bragging," he nodded but smiled up at me. "I like how your mind works though. I never once thought of baby clothes before. Everyone in the town would scramble to buy them even at a high cost, not that I would!" He quickly amended when he saw the disgusted look on my face.