Chapter 47: Alliance

Everyone was silent inside the room, Prince Ragnar was standing near the bed and Ivar was sitting on a chair facing the lady from earth.

"When you said about the portal, what do you mean about that?" Ivar asked after a long silence.

"Back in my world, there were many portals that opened and the people there were blessed with powers. When the authorities set a mission to enter the portals, they found out that those portals led them to another world filled with monsters." She briefly explained.

Ivar was right, this lady is from the earth where he once lived.

"You said something about the sons of Adam and Eve at the Duncan Kingdom, Prince Ivar. When I saw their appearance, they had similarities with my lady." Prince Ragnar said.

"What I said about Adam and Eve is true. I once read a book at the temple that describes the people with black hair and black eyes. It is said that they are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve who traveled through time and space to reach this world in the past."

Of course Ivar was bullshitting about everything he said. He can't risk saying anything about his true identity right now.

"Prince Ragnar, may I request for you to step outside? I will check the lady and see if I can do something." When Ivar said that, Prince Ragnar immediately complied. He trusts Ivar that much.

"You are not from this world too." The lady said.

Ivar did not say anything, he was observing the lady as she looked at him with wonder in her eyes.

"Don't worry, I will not tell anyone. You did not come here on your own, your soul was dragged here."

"How did you know?" Ivar could not help it.

This lady in front of him was really from the earth where he came from. He wasn't wrong when he accused those people in the Duncan Kingdom, now that he knows the truth, he can't help it. He was thinking about many possibilities right now, his anger towards the people on earth that he forgot, it's all coming back to him.

"My ability is to see the truth." She said,

"Our body from earth is not supposed to be here, just like the dungeons from our world, our body can't handle the pressure in this world. We are going to die eventually, this world will drain our life force bit by bit." She added, she was looking at Ivar as if she could see everything in Ivar's mind.

"Do you know why Ragnar kept me alive even though I was supposed to be dead by now?"

"Why?" Finally, Ivar found the courage to say anything.

"Because of knowledge, Ragnar is someone who would do anything for knowledge. I can see the truth that he can't, he relied on my abilities for two years now. He is someone who will side with the people who can give him knowledge." She said fiercely.

"Are you saying that he will betray me at any moment?"

"No, he already betrayed someone for you."

Ivar did not say anything, he waited for the lady to speak again.

"The Imperial Crown Prince."

Ivar clenched his fist when the lady mentioned the Imperial Crown Prince. He did not expect something like this from Prince Ragnar, that Prince Ragnar already betrayed the Imperial Crown Prince to side with him just because of knowledge.

"What knowledge do I possess? I too am searching for the truth."

"You are not normal in this world, your story is that you are a gift from the God of Light himself. The Empire is threatened by your existence alone, didn't he give you the information about your accident? I was the one who told him the information that I got from the Imperial Knights."

Ivar remembered that information but was set aside because of his own goal, the reason why the Imperial Crown Prince praised Ragnar in front of him was because the Imperial Crown Prince thought that Ragnar was on his side.

"Everyone sees you as the son of God of Light and not a gift, Ragnar believed that if you recover your memory, he will gain something from you about the gods."

A moment of silence passed, Ivar held the lady's pulse and he felt that her pulse was very weak.

"You are going to die, you won't last for a year." Ivar said and he released the lady's hand.

"I know, I'm ready to die and be done with all this bother." She said and looked away from Ivar.

"Did you not think about going back to earth?"

"If there is a portal to our world from here, I wouldn't be here right now, suffering like you."

"The reason why you're dying is because you are using a body from earth, while me, I am in someone else's body. I am thinking about something stupid right now and I know you can read my mind." Ivar hinted, the lady looked at Ivar, she chuckled because of what she saw in Ivar's eyes and what her ability told her about Ivar's solution.

"You're going to transfer my soul to another body? What are you? a god?" She asked while laughing at Ivar.

"You said that Ragnar is on my side because of knowledge, if I were to mention this idea to him, this will fix him on my side."

Ivar placed his hand on the lady's forehead and he closed his eyes, he gathered the right amount of holy power from his body and transferred it to the lady. When he finished doing it and opened his eyes, he saw that the lady was already asleep. Maybe because of the holy power that she received.

Ivar stood up and walked outside the room, he saw Prince Ragnar standing right outside the door, waiting.

"How was it?" He asked immediately when he saw Ivar.

"She'll live. After the meeting, I want to talk to you in private about some matters. For now, let's proceed to our meeting."

They walked towards the room which Esmeray prepared for. As they entered, everyone was already there waiting for them. They were sitting on a circle table, but there's someone that is present too and Ivar is wondering how he ended up here.

"Sir Egon?"

"Your Highness, it is I."

"What are you doing here and how did you know about this?" Ivar asked.

"Prince Ragnar, he said you needed help. I already abandoned my masters." Sir Egon said as if it was nothing.

"Prince Ivar, I think you're ready to know the truth about Egon." Prince Ragnar tapped Sir Egon's shoulder.

"Sir Egon is the true heir to the Shwarz Kingdom."

That revelation did not hit Ivar for a moment that he had to stare at them, hoping they would say something like it was just a joke.

"Sir Egon, or rather, Prince Egon's parents were the King and Queen in the Shwarz Kingdom, they both died from food poisoning. I guess you can tell by now who killed the King and Queen and who made Prince Egon a mere knight." Prince Ragnar took a seat on the nearest chair.

"The current rulers of Shwarz Kingdom." Ivar said in a low voice. "But how did you–" Ivar remembered that Prince Ragnar has a mind and truth reader by his side, "never mind, let's just start our meeting."