Chapter 2: The Maiden ✓

News spread quickly around the Kingdom.

'The second Prince of the Old Holy Land, Prince Ivar Kia who is loved and favored by the God of Light and blessed with everything is now unable to walk. What happened?'

"What exactly happened that night my son. The carriage was destroyed and we found you unscratched but now you can't walk?" The King asked, he's talking to Patrio right now and is asking what exactly happened the night before he fell into comatose.

"I really don't know. I can't remember." It's not like Patrio lied. He really doesn't know what happened because the God did not say anything about Prince Ivar. He needs information too about Ivar and his past.

"Even Priest Elon is unable to heal His Highness' legs." Sabi ng kasama ng Hari. Napatingin si Patrio kay Elon, nakayuko lang siya sa gilid. Sinisisi niya ang sarili niya dahil siya ang personal healer ni Patrio at hindi niya ito mapagaling ng maayos.

"Send a letter to the Magic Tower, tell them that I need the Tower Master's help." Sabi ng Hari.

Hindi nagtagal ay umalis din sila at naiwan naman si Elon. Pinikit ni Patrio ang mga mata niya at bigla siyang napaisip.

"Elon, what kind of person do you think I am?"

'What kind of person is Prince Ivar to you?' he wants to know more about Prince Ivar.

"My Prince, you are a very kindhearted person. You are someone who is forgiving and someone who is willing to help everyone. You are loved by everyone My Prince." Sabi ni Elon.

'If Prince Ivar is very kind, then what happened? Why is he being punished in the future? Why is he being tortured and it seems like everyone is happy about it? What did he do to end up like that in the future?'

"Am I a bad person?" Patrio suddenly asked without thinking.

"No My Prince, what makes you ask that question?"

Napangiti si Patrio at umiling kay Elon.

'Perhaps Prince Ivar betrayed them? Does Prince Ivar pretended to be a kind person?'

"My Prince, do you need anything? Are you hungry? I will order the Royal chef to cook something that will suit your taste." Napatingin siya kay Elon.

"No need. I am not hungry, I just want to rest." Humiga si Patrio ng maayos at pinikit ang mga mata niya. Narinig niya naman na bumukas at sumara ang pinto sa kwarto. Siguro ay lumabas na si Elon.

He then started to think and asking questions, why him? Why chose him to save Prince Ivar's life?

If he's going to relive his life, he wants to come back to his own past as Patrio and set things right. But why Prince Ivar's life? He doesn't know what kind of person Prince Ivar is and that God didn't bother to give him any information.

Hindi siya nakatulog hanggang sa dumating ang umaga at pumasok si Elon sa kwarto niya para pagsilbihan siya.

Sabay silang napatingin sa malaking pinto dahil may kumatok at bigla itong bumukas. Pumasok ang isang matanda, matangkad ito at pamilyar siya para kay Patrio ngunit hindi niya matukoy kung sino.

"Your Highness, I was ordered to tell you that there will be a celebration five days from now. The Queen gave birth to a Princess this afternoon and His Highness woke up from comatose yesterday. This is a double celebration for the Royal Family."

'Elon mentioned yesterday that I have a brother, Crown Prince Uriel and now I have a little sister. Wow this is like a bomb for me, I can't even process the information properly.'

Patrio wanted to take a break from what's happening and just sleep for a week, but he can't.

"Thank you, I will prepare for the celebration." There was a long silence after he said thank you. Nakatulala ang matanda sa kanya at bigla nalang itong napayuko at nagpaalam na kaya naman ay nagtataka si Patrio.

"My Prince, I've heard that your personal maid came back this morning from the vacation that you gave to her as a reward for being loyal. Maybe I can talk to her and ask her to prepare a suitable outfit for you." Patrio thought that giving a free vacation to a personal maid in this kind of setting is very suspicious.

"I will talk to her personally, please call for her." Yumuko naman si Elon at agad na lumabas. Hindi nagtagal ay biglang pumasok ang isang matangkad na babaeng nakasuot ng puting dress.

Kung titignan ay para itong normal na babae lamang ngunit alam na alam ni Patrio kung paano ito maglakad at kung paano ito kumilos. Napansin niya din na hindi niya naririnig ang lakad ng babae at mukhang matalas ito sa paligid.

Maiksi ang buhok niyang kulay itim at may singkit na mga matang kulay pula. Nagulat si Patrio dahil bigla itong lumuhod at yumuko.

"My Prince, please forgive me for being late. But as you have ordered to me, I took care of the suspicious people near the Crown Prince's Palace."

Patrio was shocked for a long time, the maid in front of him started to look uneasy because he didn't say anything after that.

"My Prince?" Napakurap si Patrio.

"I ordered what?" Tanong ni Patrio sa maid.

"To kill the suspicious people inside the Crown Prince's Palace."

'Forget the 'kind person' Prince Ivar that Elon believed. This Prince ordered his personal maid to kill someone!'

Patrio closed his eyes and massaged his temple gently.

"Are you not aware that I lost my memories?" Tanong ni Patrio sa personal maid.

"My Prince, rumors spread quickly. That's why I wanted to end my mission right away to give my report. I also want to confirm your condition, and now I believe that you really lost your memories." Patrio started to feel a strong headache because of what he heard from the personal maid.

"So I really ordered you to kill."

"My Prince, those people are trying to kill the Crown Prince. You sensed them, that's why you ordered me to kill them. I am your loyal sword, My Prince." The personal maid explained. The maid doesn't want his master to think that he's a bad and terrible person.

"I sent you there using the excuse of your vacation for being loyal to me." Prince Ivar is willing to send someone in order to protect the Crown Prince, his brother.

'Does this make Prince Ivar a good person or a bad person because he can't think of anything but ordered to kill them right away instead of capturing and imprisoning them.'

"My Prince, you care about the Crown Prince that's why you did this. You did nothing wrong, I was the one who killed them using my own hands and not you." Tinignan ni Patrio ang maid dahil sa sinabi nito.

"What's your name?"

"My name is Esmeray, My Prince." Pagpapakilala niya.

"Since you are calling me 'My Prince', I assumed that we are that close?" Tumingin kay Patrio ang maid at ngumiti.

"My Prince, I am no one but a loyal servant who will do anything for you." Patrio was thinking, just what Prince Ivar did for this maid to offer her loyalty to him.

Her disguise is a loyal maid but in reality she's someone who can kill if Prince Ivar gives orders to her.

"We can talk about the killing order some other time. For now, I want you to prepare something that I can wear in the upcoming celebration." Sabi nalang ni Patrio sa kanya. Hindi niya alam kung kakayanin niya pa kung makakarinig pa siya ng ibang bagay mula sa maid.

"I understand, My Prince." Yumuko ang maid at lumabas na.

Rio tried to massage his legs but it was hard and he couldn't feel anything.

'What exactly happened to Prince Ivar? Elon did mention that I am a weak person who can't even stand still for a couple of minutes. But what happened to Prince Ivar's legs?'