Chapter 23: Pelia Empire II √

"You want a copy of the information?"

"Yes father, the Princess from Erebus Kingdom suspected my island because of the illegal ship that has been traveling back and forth to take the children from the Erebus Kingdom."

"What nonsense!"

'See, my father can't believe it too.' Ivar stopped himself from sighing because he agreed with the King.

"I can give the copy in two days, but the King of Erebus did not talk to me about that problem."

As Ivar was about to say goodbye and leave he suddenly remember the temple.

"Father about the main temple of the God of Light, it has been a year."

The King sighed.

"They said the restoration is slowing down because of the Hunting event."

"I will visit the temple tomorrow, the Empire is not playing fair with us." Ivar no, Rio has been anti Empire the moment he found out about the Priest from Jordanes.

"Give them another year."

"Father." Ivar looked at the King with no emotion in his eyes. "You should arrange the King's Quest after the Hunting event. It is best for you to spend most of your time with mother and Eden."

The King did not say anything.

"Your kindness will bring you death and betrayal, father."

Ivar left the room with Priest Elon after the conversation. What Ivar said is considered disrespectful to the King but he meant what he said.

'The people around you will betray you even if you show them kindness. I already learned my lesson.'

Ivar thought that arranging the King's Quest and passing the throne to the Crown Prince as soon as possible will help the situation. The King is too kindhearted and Ivar can't convince him enough, if it is the Crown Prince then Ivar can manipulate him.

"My Prince, there's a letter for you." Esmeray handed the letter to Ivar when they got out from the King's chamber.

I will start moving now.
                    -A.D

"Arsalan. Good, he can move freely now that the King is here." Ivar gave the letter to Esmeray and signaled Priest Elon to push his wheelchair.

It is already evening but the Imperial Palace is very lively because of the visitors, Ivar heard about the Imperial Crown Prince's plan of arranging a gathering with the Princesses and Princes of all the Northern Kingdoms.

Since the Imperial Crown Prince has to show his capabilities so that he can get everyone's favor, he's going all out this time. He will use the palace of the Empress for the gathering.

"My Prince, the news of the participants for the Hunting event has been posted. Our Crown Prince will be participating under the Imperial Crown Prince's group." Esmeray informed Ivar.

"And the second prince?" Prince Dillon, the second prince of the Empire who looks exactly like the Emperor.

"The officials did not chose Prince Dillon to participate. He will guard the path of the Hunters." Their conversation was cut because they saw Prince Dillon on his way to greet Ivar.

As usual, Prince Dillon kneeled and kissed the back of Ivar's hand.

"I was busy with my duty this whole time, I'm sorry I don't have any Iris flower with me." Ivar had to pull his hand so that Prince Dillon will let go of him.