Chapter 21: Patrio √

Ivar woke up when he felt that someone just moved beside him, he was so confused when the first thing that he saw after waking up is his hunting outfit. Out of shock he jump out of the bed only to realize that he was sleeping on his bed when he still on earth.

"Rio? Ano ba, ang likot mo." That voice made Ivar stopped breathing for a second. A very familiar voice for him, the voice of his dead wife.

"E-Eunice?" Ivar's voice was shaking too much, he can't believe it.

Eunice was his wife and they had a son, she died inside the dungeon raid when he was away to raid the England's biggest dungeon at that time. Hearing her voice right now is like a nightmare, he used to have this nightmare of his wife dying in front of him and he can't do anything to stop it.

Ivar pinch himself and he felt the pain.

'So, I am not dreaming right now? But the God of Light, Ivar, the Kingdom, my children, Elon and Esmeray.'

"Anong ginagawa mo diyan? Matulog ka muna, maaga pa para bumangon." Long black hair, brown eyes and pointed nose. A beautiful and peaceful face, his wife's face, his wife that he failed to protect.

"Hoy bakit ka umiiyak? Sinabi ko lang naman na matulog ka u-" Ivar hugged his wife, he can feel her warmth and her breath.

'This is not a dream, this is real.'

"Let's go to our son's room. Let's sleep there."

"Wow ah bakit english? Naku papa iba na yan ha." His wife said jokingly, Ivar no, Rio did not realize that he's now used to speaking in english.

"Oo nga pala papa, may binigay sa akin na kontrata kahapon. Dungeon raid sa Palawan."

"Palawan? Isn't-I mean... Haaa." Halos gustong sampalin ni Rio ang kanyang sarili dahil hindi niya mapigilan mag english.

"Palawan, hindi ba bagong bukas lamang iyon at hindi pa sigurado kung gaano kalakas ang mga halimaw doon?" Rio asked.

The truth is, that dungeon was the reason why his wife died. The dungeon contract was illegal and they lied about the monster being a type C monsters.

"Officials na ang tumingin doon at sigurado naman daw sila."

"I will join your party."

'F*ck nag english na naman ako.'

"Hindi mo tatanggapin ang alok sayo sa England? Balita ko mas malaki ang bayad nila doon."

England is facing a very difficult situation because of the large dungeon that recently opened, they immediately sent their strong hunters without knowing the level and type of the monsters, they ended up losing thier strong hunters and now they are recruiting Rio to raid the dungeon alone. As the strongest and top one hunter, they want Rio to raid it alone in order to decrease the possibility of losing many strong hunters.

"Mas mahalaga ka sa akin, sasamahan kita." Ngumiti si Rio at hinalikan sa noo ang kanyang asawa. Nanatili silang nakahiga at tahimik lamang, ilang sandali pa lamang ay biglang nagsalita ang kanyang asawa.

"Bakit mo ako pinabayaan?"

Rio got confused.

"Bakit hindi mo ako niligtas."

Rio just blinked and the place suddenly changed. A big fire, a lot of dead monsters and people around him and his wife his dead wife's body. Ivar no, Rio hugging his wife's body while everyone inside the dungeon are dead. It's the nightmare again, the same nightmare that has been haunted Rio's sleep ever since his wife died.

"ah... Again, this nightmare. Eunice please forgive me." Rio looked at his dead wife's body and kissed her on her lips. A lone tear fell into her lips and Rio wiped it.

"Don't worry, I will differently kill everyone who was involved in this matter. The Lion guild and the officials, they gave you the incorrect contract to kill you because of me."

Rio rejected the Lion Guild's offer to join thier guild because Eunice doesn't want Rio to get tied to any Guild, as the strongest Rio will bring the biggest war among the countries and the balance will be destroyed. Every country will complain about the unfairness of power that's why Rio agreed to his wife.

But the officials was not happy about his decision, being a coward the officials hired every hunter that was jealous of Rio and ordered them to kill Rio after they killed his wife. But Rio and his sense of responsibility saved them from dying inside the highest type of dungeon and was betrayed after killing the dungeon boss.

The people that he thought his friends and would understand his actions betrayed him, his brother and brother in law and the people that he protected from any danger since he was just a nobody teenager, everyone betrayed him. There is no such thing as paying your kindness with kindness, Rio received pain and betrayal after giving his kindness to everyone.

"My Prince?" Rio no, Ivar woke up when he heard Priest Elon called his name after several times.

"My Prince did you have a nightmare? You're crying." Ivar touched his face and he felt his tears, Ivar smiled but his eyes says otherwise.

"No, I'm okay." He's okay, he just need to complete the deal in order to save his wife and live together with his son. After this deal, he's planning of hiding from the world and just live happily.

But Priest Elon was taken aback when Ivar smiled while he was crying, he knew that Ivar had a nightmare but he kept quite and did not ask any question.

"My Prince we will arrive at the Empire soon, please rest."

Priest Elon has been feeling sad the entire trip because Ivar has been quite and now he had a nightmare, Priest Elon thought that it was because of what happened in his palace or it was because of the accident that happened when he was at the Empire that made him unable to walk after waking up with no memories.

"Don't worry about me, call Esmeray and tell her that I want to wash my face."

Even though Priest Elon does not want to leave Ivar alone, he chose to leave because he wants Ivar to think before they arrive at the Empire.

"Please wait My Prince, I will be back with Esmeray."

Ivar was left alone and he took that opportunity to wipe his face using his blanket.

They were traveling for a week now and he thought that he had a nightmare because of being exhausted from the whole trip.

'The real Ivar had an accident when he was at the Empire, the God of Light took that opportunity to turn back the time when he had accident so that he can replace this body with my soul.'

"I have to make sure if it was actually an accident or it was planned from the beginning."

While Ivar was planning on what to do, the door opened and Esmeray carrying a basin full of water and Priest Elon with a dry towel came in.

"Your face is a mess My Prince, we need to dress you up now. You can't meet the Imperial Family with that face."

'The Imperial Family, I need to get their attention so that when the time comes for the Academy to be brought up in the meeting, I can somehow get their side.'