》ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛᴅᴏᴡɴ《

"My mind is always so filled with you that I won't even bother to remember anything about myself to have solely you in me."

Date: 1 January, 2022

Fireworks exploded throughout the dark canvas of the sky.

As it's sound resonated around the area.

The clock had striked 12 O' clock.

It's New year.

Yeonjun just sat on top of their house roof with Soobin right beside him staring back at the beautiful sky taking in the scenario as much as he could at that moment. He vividly remembered that last year, He, Beomgyu, Soobin and Taehyun had a beautiful new year's eve.

Things were quiet different this time.

This year was anything but happy for Yeonjun. And he still couldn't seemed to get rid of that unsettling feeling inside even though the old year had passed away.

"What are you thinking hyung?"

Yeonjun got pulled away from his abyss of thoughts as Soobin's call pierced his mind. He drifted his attention to the soul and just gave a light smile.

"Nothing important..."

The soul raised his eyes at the obvious lie of the mortal. He is an open book doesn't he know that?

"Stop lying hyung."

Yeonjun stayed quite letting out a long breathe his eyes glued on the occasional sparks and light from the fireworks.

"I miss my old days. Specifically when all of us were joking around together knowing we got each other's back. But now, maybe I understand nothing is really permanent. Only memories do which is haunting to me if you ask me."

Yeonjun genuinely expressed his feelings feeling a sharp heart ache creep to his chest, eyes glistening from the tears that were about to fall. The soul somehow could understand how mortals like him valued all this things so much and felt nothing but sad for him.

But he lacked the words to comfort the mortal.

"No need to comfort me."

Soobin snapped, his eyes questionably widening on how the mortal got to know what he was thinking. Geez could he also read minds?

Throwing a knowing look, Yeonjun chuckled shaking his head.

"Don't be so surprised. Your face says it obviously."

"You really surprised me for a moment. I thought you could read my mind like Casper." The older male just laughed at how naive the soul looked at the moment.

After a while of laughing and playing around, both soul and the mortal sat together in comfortable silence.

No words needed. Just each other's presence is enough.

But after a while of silence, the soul couldn't seem to stay quite from a question tingling inside his mind. So he ended up asking anyways.

"Hyung... Can't you move on?"

Yeonjun was surprised hearing this strange question yet request at the same time. Sighing softly, he shook his head.

"I am sorry... I don't think I can move on this time Soobin."