》ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ ɪꜱ ꜰᴇʟᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʟᴏꜱᴛ《

"Beautiful things are never meant to last for an eternity, they just breathe out memories as they gradually decay."

-

Date: 2 July, 2020

Soobin was currently having a hard time processing everything. Specially the events that took place today.

Most specially, He got himself....

A Friend.

Not a forced one. An offered one instead.

The bell chimed making slightly flinch at the snapping of his own cloud of thoughts and instinctively glance at his seatmate.

Or his new friend.

Yeonjun who noticed his seatmate's gaze on him just raised his eyebrows and asked if something was wrong with indirect gesture making Soobin almost immediately shake his head assuring that nothing was wrong.

Making friends can never go wrong.

"Soobin?"

"Yeah?" Soobin looked up with his shiny, glossy eyes looking forward to the older's words.

"Are you free afterwards?" Soobin was taken aback from the sudden query and just scratched his nape shaking his head slightly as he actually had volunteering work to do at the hospital for kids.

Yeonjun just pressed his lips feeling disheartened that he wasn't free and anyways he shook those thoughts off and was thinking on how to proceed talking with the younger until-

"Do you want to come along with me p-perhaps?" Yeonjun was genuinely surprised and further wanted to ask where but before he could the younger had already answered.

"I umm... do v-volunteering task at the nearby children's hospital. So if that's okay with you, you can come-

"OF COURSE!! I WILL!" Yeonjun was now looking forward to this because besides going to university he never really anything else side by side. So this was all new for him.

And he was always up for new things. But thanks to his poor fate, he wasn't always allowed to do even the smallest to smallest things for his happiness.

Hahah! Pity.

Soobin chuckled a bit because he was low-key nervous before seeing the latter's reaction. He would have normally gotten weird looks.

But now getting a positive reaction feels out of the box.

"Nice to see you excited." Soobin softly added before going towards the exit hands clutched on his bag pack straps followed by Yeonjun.

Before fully leaving the place, Soobin went to his locker and the first thing he saw on his locker door was a sticky note written-

"What a nuisance the disabled kids are!"

Soobin sighed insides getting heavy before hurrying to rip off the paper from that metallic door throwing it away to the nearby dustbin. He instinctively stole a glance from the new boy and just saw him standing there with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I am done come on." Lowly the younger male stated closing the locker. Yeonjun who was quite all along now spoke up-

"Are the students around you always..... this mean to you?" Soobin looked away hearing that sighing out softly.