》ꜱᴘɪʀɪᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ《

"I died the same day when I gave up my dreams that I had been chasing for all my life."

-

( Same day )

The university was over for the day. But not for the trio or the students yet. They were still yet to witness a heavy war.

Soobin, Yeonjun and Beomgyu the three of them were walking towards the skating ground with complete silence between them. Two being tensed, and one being doubtful for some reason.

Despite the silence between the three, a lot of silent conversations were being made. The taller male was walking his head low, deep in his thoughts, insides swirling around with an unknown emotion and anticipation. He felt this after a long time.

The next moment, they reached the ground, the trio was shocked seeing a huge crowd circling the skating area, enough space for the competitors to compete within.

"Damn- I didn't realize the whole Uni will be here to see this damn competition." Beomgyu muttered audible enough for Yeonjun to hear as the older just heavily sighed being genuinely tensed as he glanced at the taller male who had a blank face like he was thinking of what to do.

"Soobin are you okay?" Yeonjun patted the latter's back causing him to flinch a little as he immediately nod his head.

"I am fine... Let's just get over with this." Soobin said as he looked at the arena with fire lit eyes. The taller immediately went to the competition spot as he faced his rival with a resting cold face, hands fisted up feeling rage bubble inside for some reason. Yunho who stood there with his minions smirked at him seeing his presence.

"Well well look who is here. I thought you will run away like a scared pussycat. But damnn I was wrong." Soobin bit his cheeks from inside feeling obviously annoyed hearing this.

"Do you realize you talk a lot of useless stuff? Get into the main thing already." Soobin spat out coldly feeling his competitive spirit ignite up just looking at his rival. It feels so good to have that same feeling back after so many years..

They heard some mocking laughs and chuckles from students at the come back. Yunho fisted his hands in anger but anyways didn't choose to fight. For now.

"You got a big mouth. So based on what-

"Speed." Soobin didn't let the boy finish because he got what the other was about to ask. Yunho raised his eyebrows at the reply.

"Based on speed because the audience here will clearly be able to tell who won and lost after the race."

"Clever. Done." Yunho said before going to the other side to wear the protective gears and skating shoes as well as Soobin. He saw Yeonjun and Beomgyu standing at the corner with the gears and skating shoes etc. With a small smile, he went towards them.

"I never saw you this firm hyung! All the best!" Beomgyu cheered handing over the shoes and other gears as well as a helmet. Sucking in a deep breath, Soobin wore those shoes, hands unknowingly shaking as he touched those equipments wow, the anticipation is real.

Soobin slowly skated towards the starting line as well as Yunho who had an overconfident face expression that held the arrogance that he is gonna win anyways. As both of them took their positions, a loud voice was heard through the mic announcing-

"Okay so we have gathered for this unexpected clash between Yunho and Soobin for skating. The rules are simple. Two competitors are gonna encircle 5 laps around the ground and the one who reaches the finishing line first wins."