Chapter 18 : Safe Zone

"I really have no idea why she's being so unreasonable. I mean, I get why she'd be so upset the first few days of the takeover, but to be honest she should be thanking me for saving her ass...alam mo yun? She was technically in the verge of being blackmailed! Hello?!"

Michelle took in a deep breath before exhaling out her frustration. She switched holding her phone from her left hand to the right while on a video call.

"Tapos kanina for example, she was about to cross the line, talo niya pa si mommy. Like why would she meddle so much? She does not approve!? Ano kami? A thesis defense?" Michelle scoffed.

"Baka naman kasi may anger issues yung tao, tapos nag worry lang for you. I have my own doubts, too. Max and I don't know the woman yet kahit na isang katerbang praises pa pinag-kukuwento mo sa amin. Huy ha, hindi rin basta-basta yung pinapasukan mo. It involves truly high stakes — you're basically headed for a collision course with a powerful man. Plus your reputation is on the line, alam mo yan...maybe that's just her way of saying that you have to be careful if you're both going to do this thing".

"Grabe naman, Rhi. There's no way Anntonia would care. She almost attacked me earlier! Hay, unless....." a thought made Michelle pause for a moment.

"Unless what?"

The short haired woman reckoned the moment wherein she saw Celeste run away and when she caught Anntonia suppress her sobs at the Bertinelli party a few nights ago.

"I'm not entirely sure, but.....". Michelle bit her lower lip and shook her head. "I will have to confirm something".

"Mich, whatever it is, please don't get involved too much. We don't want to see you become trapped in something that's difficult for you to escape".

The Asian heiress took her friend's words with regard.

"I hope you haven't been silly enough to.....hay, basta na nga! Kahit sabihan naman kita, gagawin mo rin yung gusto mo eh".

Michelle chuckled. "Don't worry. I'll try to stay out of trouble. Don't you have confidence in me, wifey?"

"Wala!"

"Grabe naman!" The Asian heiress retorted, faking a heartache by placing a hand on her chest.

Rhian, enjoyed a laugh with her best friend. "You always cause trouble, eh. By the way, when are you all starting with the villa's renovations?"

"We're targeting to start next week. I still have to talk to Anchilee and Anntonia about changing the pool to have a more romantic appeal. I want to achieve a feel na if the people are swimming especially at night, they'd be glowing and appreciating the nature surrounding them because the place is —", Michelle closed her eyes and smiled. "The place is amazing, Rhi. The view of the vineyard alone from the pool....it'll take your breath away. It's really meant for people to fall in love".

"Sounds nice. So—kailan mo kami papupuntahin diyan?"

"Perhaps a week before the official opening. Of course we would need to test the waters on how the staff would handle it. We want to make the service outstanding and the stay of guests ultra-luxurious".

Michelle sighed.

"I really, really want this to succeed more than my other businesses, Rhi. This will get my design career out there and who knows? Maybe angkong would finally understand why I want to build my own name .... It hits different when people credit you for what you really did".