Chapter 9 : The Dragon's Lair

"Didn't you arrange your table like a couple of minutes ago?"

Anntonia blew out some air while making sure that the stacks of paper on her table was impeccably in order — like new sheets that came out fresh from production.

Anchilee rolled her eyes witnessing how her friend's obsessive-compulsive behavior was in full display.

"You know how I don't like my office to look like a mess when I have meetings". The ex-heiress concentrated on trying to find the right spot to place her laptop.

"Do you even need that?" Anchilee pointed at the space gray MacBook in Anntonia's hands. "Michelle already saw the villa presentation".

"Not really, but it could come in handy".

"Hey, ladies", Moraya entered Ann's office. Her pretty beach blonde waves bounced with each step.
"I've called Mat and he says the Bertinellis are ecstatic. They're looking forward to the turnover". A knock at the door grabbed the ladies' attention.

"Come in". Anchilee yelled.

"She's here. Shall I let her in now?" A young woman said.

The three women began to stand quickly, fixing their clothes and hair.

"Let her in — after a minute, please". Anntonia said.

"Yes, ma'am".

"Thanks, Bri. Kindly tell R'Bonney to prepare the papers for signing".

"Will do, ma'am".

Ann's lips curled into a smile at her youngest hire. She always loved the idea of hiring young people with potential to join her team.

"Oh!" Moraya added. "Could you do me a favor and get the blue folder from my desk, please?"

The young employee perked up. "Will do, Ms. Wilson".

"Thanks, sweetie". Moraya beamed making the new employee blush before quickly leaving the room.

"You scared the poor girl". Anchillee laughed.

"She'll be fine". The blonde Aussie grinned. "I am so happy we're really doing this. I think acquiring the Bertinelli villa will put our company right on the map".

The former heiress paused to take in a deep breath and exhaled. "I'm little nervous for what's to come to be honest, but...." she gazed softly at her two friends. "I trust both of you. We'll be fine, right?"

Anchilee grinned and patted Ann's shoulders. "We'll be fine. This is the better way, Annie".

"I really hope so...." Ann took in a deep breath. "How do I look? Do I look presentable enough?"

Moraya and Anchilee smirked as they check out Anntonia's beautiful wavy dark hair, down to her khaki strapless pantsuit and pointed heels.

"Stunning". The blonde chimed.

"You look like you're worth more than 35 million euros, babe". Anchille chuckled causing the two women to laugh.