Chapter 1 : What's Lost Is Never Gone

The warm mist of the shower cascade down Anntonia's body. She never really liked warm showers, but today, it was imperative for her to bask in the heat of the flowing water. It's already been an hour since she stepped inside the shower enclosure. The hot water was slowly and effectively easing the tightness in her shoulders.

She finally turned the knob off, patting her damp body with a fluffy white towel that her friend, Anchilee, gifted her over the weekend.

"Should I call for the excavators? I think you've been swallowed entirely by the drain. Are you okay, Ann?", a voice yelled from outside the bathroom.

Anntonia sighed as she slathered a lump of deep moisturizing lotion on her legs — making sure every inch of her skin is covered.

"No need. I've already excavated myself! I'll be right out in a few minutes".

Anntonia slid into a white bathrobe and wrapped her hair with the towel — tucking the ends to secure it just above the back of her neck.

"Thank God you've finally decided to join civilization! I thought we have a ton of work to do?" Anchille greeted her friend with a huge sigh before throwing a small red pillow towards Anntonia.

"Hey! Don't play with this". The woman in the robe frowned, catching the pillow with one hand. "I don't want it to be dirty". She placed the small soft object back on her bed.

"So, how are we moving things forward?" Anchilee asked, sitting down on the turquoise loveseat sofa in Ann's room. "Mat clarified that the offer can only be extended until Sunday. After that, it goes to another round of bidding, possibly a new buyer. I need to have a confirmation, Ann".

Anntonia sighed, heading straight to her dressing table, grabbing an old black comb that she's been using since she was fifteen years old.

She removed the towel around her hair, freeing the still wet wavy strands of her long dark hair before combing it with ease.

"The loan's taking too long. I've been badgering Moraya for the past few days", Anntonia exhaled heavily. Her shoulders slumping — part of the reason why her muscles were tight. "The only way I can secure the villa by this week is if the Bertinelli's agree to a half deposit. If the bank does not release the loan on time, I — ugh! I may have to reconsider Irfan's offer".

"Please — you're better off than entangling yourself with him for the nth time. You should know better. How about your uncles?" Anchilee's hands grasped the egde of the sofa, her eyes wide.

"I've tried to..." Ann groaned. "Dad must've ordered them to ignore my request for help. It's not like I'm asking for money. All I wanted was for them to connect me to the right bank managers".

Anchilee pouted. She didn't hide the sympathy for her friend. A few years ago, Anntonia was at the top of the hotel industry—being the lone heir to the Isrotel Group, one of the biggest luxury hotel chains in the world. The business sector clamored to have some kind of connection with her beautiful friend, but nowadays? Anntonia was treated like she didn't matter — a has been.

Isrotel's directors, led by Leonel Raviv, Anntonia's now estranged stepfather, stripped Ann off her privileges, benefits and position after she shockingly failed to please Leonel's one rule  — to set aside her relationship with a commoner, leaving Anntonia to fend off for herself.

"That's completely unfair! They should be ashamed of themselves. You helped Isrotel widen its reach. They should even be thanking you —"

"I don't want to think about it, Anchee. I want to move on from — ". Anntonia quipped, wanting to stop her friend from saying more than what's already out.