Chapter 6 : Tearing Down The Wall

"Ooh!"

"Got you!"

Anchilee clutched her chest after almost tripping on an elevated step. "Thanks". She smiled.

"No worries. You alright?"

"Yep, all good". She blushed and tucked her hair behind an ear. Her dimples were in full display.

"Scott-Kemmis, for two". Anchilee smiled at the receptionist of the cafe.

Caffè dell'Oro, a luxurious cafe in the heart of Florence, exuded an air of timeless elegance and refined charm — just like most of the establishments in the Tuscan region. Soft golden hues adorned the walls, complemented by plush velvet upholstery on antique chairs that whispered tales of the city's rich history.

The server, dressed sharp in white crisp linen shirt and black apron, led them to a cozy table with a lovely view of the Arno River. The air smelled of freshly brewed coffee and sweet pastries.

"This is nice. I've never been to this cafe".

"Right?! It's so charming. I fell in love with it the very first time I came here with Ann". Anchilee pulled a chair and sat comfortably on it, placing her purse on the empty seat beside her.

"I have to agree. This—is something". The woman opposite Anchilee gazed at the bell-like broze lamps hanging on the ceiling.

"Feel free to order whatever you want, my treat". Anchee smiled.

"That's unnecessary—".

"I insist, Michelle".

Anchilee placed her hand on top of Michelle's. The short-haired woman pursed her lips and nodded. "Thank you".

"I know there's a lot in your head — and I'm sorry you got into an accident days ago".

Michelle smiled at the recollection of her encounter — or rather, an accidental chance with an Italian woman. "It's okay. I think things have turned out for the better. I mean, I'm just grateful it's nothing serious".

"Is the woman alright?"

"She is. The attending physician will discharge her anytime soon". Michelle said.

"That's good". Anchilee nodded before the two read the luxury cafe's lunch menu — taking into account each item on the list — from starters like raw hamachi, its delectable main courses, to the scrumptious and crowd-pleasing desserts like the Tuscan Tiramisu.

"Everything looks so good. I couldn't really choose!" Michelle giggled.

"Uh-huh. I've also had that dilemma. Would you mind if I order for us?"

"No...please! I'm sure you know better than I do! I — I seriously just want to eat anyyything that's on a plate".

The two women laughed.

"Yeah, I love food". Anchilee added.

Michelle smirked. "It's my weakness really. Food is — it's why I love to travel. Food gives me a special glimpse of a specific region and its people".

"Ah — a foodie".

"You could say that".

"Awesome". Anchilee nodded.

"I'll let you in a little secret...", Michelle leant forward making Anchilee smile and intrigued.

"What is it?" Anchee whispered but giggled afterwards.

"I am a goner for people who are so good at cooking". Michelle answered making Anchilee's eyes widen.

"I think you and Anntonia have a lot in common". Anchilee laughed. "Both of you would get along".