Chapter 2: Enigma

"Miss....hey".

"Miss. Stay with me..."

Celeste couldn't understand the mumbles and words that were spoken. Her eyes were halfway to shutting down — she was passing out again.

The sound of the ambulance zoned in, a trapped noise that circled in her ear canal. A couple of paramedics inspected her body before letting her wear a neck brace and carefully transferred her to a stretcher.

"Wait! I'm coming along!" A woman assertively said and hopped into the ambulance with her.

"Signorita, Devi tenerla sveglia".

The woman shook her head furiously. "Non parlo Italiano".

"I need you to help your friend keep her awake for us, okay?" The paramedic replied. "She cannot go to sleep!"

Celeste was growing confused. She was about to completely close her eyes and succumb to the sleepiness she was feeling, but a pair of soft lips pressed on her own.

Her eyes grew wide and met a pair of worrying smokey ones.

"Whew...",  the woman nervously chuckled. "Sorry...I —I just thought — I just needed to do something that would shock you to wake you up".

"Keep her awake!" The paramedic yelled again.

"I'll try".

The woman, with a sleek short bob cut hair held Celeste's hand. The injured beauty was still stunned, but she could not move a single muscle — it's like she was chained to the stretcher.

"How are you feeling?"

Cele tried to talk, but the pain that's radiating from her left leg up to her arms was excruciating. She saw some streaks of blood on her legs.

"No—oh—", Celeste cried.

"I'm really so sorry. I tried to stop as soon as you crossed the street". The other woman panicked.

"Ma'am, I need you to back away for while. I will have to put a splint on her".

Celeste grunted in pain as the paramedics attended to her injuries. She sobbed hardly as the gauze was being wrapped around her head, arm, and legs.

"It's going to be alright". The mysterious woman, who was partly responsible for her injuries, patted her hand gently and a calming sensation breezed through her. She held on the woman tight, not letting it go.

"Please don't leave me". Celeste's tears still streaked down her cheeks.

The woman was surprised at first, but gave Cele a reassuring smile. "I promise. We'll make sure you get better". Celeste's hand was squeezed softly.

"I'm Michelle. What's your name?"

Despite not being able to move her neck, Celeste's eyes focused on Michelle.

"Celeste". She croaked and closed her eyes again.

"Celeste.....such a divine name for a beautiful woman".

Celeste slowly opened her eyes and was immediately mesmerized by the kind smile of this woman named Michelle.

_______

Soft pads of delicate fingers glided along Celeste's hips and waist — caressing the curves like the supple silk that was draped on her legs. She felt a tender kiss on her shoulder. The Filipina-Italian uttered the lightest chuckle before lazily turning around to face the other side of the bed.

She smiled....and everything around Celeste felt peaceful. It was where she wanted to be.

Cele touched the woman's flawless face. Making sure her fingertips linger on top of a pair of luscious lips.  The other woman kissed Celeste's fingers gently — digit by digit.