Chapter 4 : A Heiress Was Born

2 years ago.

I miss you, booboo. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Anntonia grinned while looking at the message she just received. This was something new to her. It was something liberating from the norm—her norm.

For the longest time, she had always thought that in order to get something she wanted, she needed to manipulate the things and situations around  — at least that's the kind of mindset and training that she needed to undergo as a teenager. And she did get all that she wanted, from properties, deals, even people and lovers. She always used the techniques her stepfather has molded her to become — straightforward, fearless, bold— qualities that catapulted her to the top of her stepdad's empire, The Isrotel Group of Hotels.

But things have been changing, because for the very first time, she was afraid to be in control.

She was seven when her mother divorced her Danish father. They had to fly away from Denmark and back to Bangkok in the middle of the night — she still remembers how her mother told her that her biological father's not coming after them, and for her to not become weak because nobody is going to save  her. She needed to learn how to save herself.

As she became a young teen, her idea of affection was through books and movies she secretly read and watched - away from the hovering eyes of her mother. It was something she fantasized about— that one day someone would save her from her own ivory tower — to live freely, without pressure.

After a few years, she met Leonel Raviv. Anntonia thought that Leonel was just a kind boss that was helpful to her mother. Little did she know that the man would turn out to be the second father figure she would have. Leonel and her mother married in a warm Bangkok summer day and after the wedding, they all flew to their new home — in Eilat, Israel.

Leonel loved Anntonia like his own and she was grateful to have had all the privileges any daughter could attain. She was chauffeured to wherever she wanted to go, had the coolest clothing and accessories. She was even sent to the best business schools in Europe and was trained by Leonel himself to oversee the marketing arm of their company - helming the promotional activities and events of Isrotel right after graduation. To Leonel, she was the perfect daughter and he shared everything he had with Anntonia — including his renowned surname.

"It looks like the rain won't stop anytime soon. Would you want to be dropped off the lobby or the basement, Ms. Raviv?"

A flash of lightning followed by a loud thunder rattled Anntonia. Her focus shifted from her phone to the hazy window of her car, streaks of rain pouring down heavily on it.

"This thunderstorm looks near and dangerous". Her chauffeur said as they turn to a corner of one of Bangkok's busiest business district.

Ann's face grew weary, she never really liked thunderstorms — especially when the lightning and thunder strikes only a few seconds apart. She always felt like the world was falling apart on her whenever something like it occurs.

"The lobby should be fine. Thanks, David".

As soon as Anntonia was dropped off at Isrotel Bangkok's main office building, she rushed up to her office to avoid dealing with the sound of the storm.
On her way up, she sent a message to her secretary to pull down all the blinds in her office.

Stepping out of her floor, most of Isrotel's employees kept an eye on their boss who donned a crisp off-white pantsuit and high heels flawlessly.

Most of women admired her style and tenacity when it came to her work ethic, while the men, they simply aspired to be with somebody like her — tall, beautiful, intelligent and insanely rich.