Chapter 14 : A Slow, Burning Wind

On a crisp autumn evening somewhere north of Tuscany, the Bertinelli villa stood like a masterpiece. The fading sunlight cast a warm glow on its vineyard's golden vines, turning the courtyard into a mosaic of red and amber.

Michelle gracefully parked her Ducati near the main entrance — an expansive and tall gate with a gold lion emblem. Her short bob gently swayed as she removed her sleek black helmet. The Tuscan air embraced her as she took a moment to absorb the beauty around—the villa, its timelessness, and the majestic vineyards that sprawled like a green carpet under the Italian sky.

With a confident stride, Michelle unzipped her leather jacket, revealing a blouse adorned with black lace, blending her edgy style with sophistication. Her stylish leather trousers and boots evoked a fashion statement only she could effortlessly carry. Michelle could feel the energy of the place, the allure of a soon to be luxury countryside resort hidden in the outskirts of Tuscany.

As Michelle sauntered to the door, the air jived with melodies from classic Italian songs. The cobblestone paths, adorned with leaves of red and gold, guided her towards the villa.

When she pushed the door open, the villa unfolded before her like an exquisite canvas bathed in a palette that resembled the season, accompanied by the enchanting melodies from Henry Mancini's Lujon that caressed her ears. The hall, dressed in the gentle glow of lanterns, was adorned with the presence of guests—the Bertinelli brothers' cherished family and friends—swaying gracefully to the slow dance that painted the evening with a relaxed Mediterranean charm.

"Michelle, bella! I am so glad you came. Welcome to our humble party," Alberto exclaimed, extending a friendly hug.

"Alberto! I am lost for words. The villa looks like a dream! Thank you for inviting me".

"I am delighted you're here. After all, in a matter of days, this entire property would be yours and Anntonia's".

Alberto looked around. "Isn't signora Raviv with you?"

Michelle chuckled. "I'm not sure if she would be pleased to hear that name, but I came here alone...I'm sure she's on her way".

"Ah...yes, forgive my foolish tongue. I must get used to calling Anntonia signora Porsild. But please...enjoy the party. There's food, drinks at the center hall, the toilets, you already know where they are", Alberto winked. "I will find you in few minutes, I just have to run to my mother, or else, she'd yell at everyone in this house".

"Of course. No problem. I'll be roaming around if it's alright?"

"Feel at home — well, you're home". The Italian man grinned before letting go of Michelle.

The Asian heiress smiled as she nodded at the lovely people who greeted her. She always thought that Italians are one of the friendliest Europeans. Their warmth and hospitality makes her feel like everything was easy, and like she's part of the family, which reminder her of her Filipino and Chinese roots.

Michelle strolled through the elegant halls of the Bertinelli villa, her keen eyes carefully observing each detail. The interior boasted a perfect blend of old Tuscan authenticity and contemporary luxury. The walls adorned with timeless murals whispered stories of the past, while the warm-colored tapestries exuded a sense of comfort.

As she recognized and got to know the innate beauty of the villa further, she pondered on what enhancements could be made to transform it into a luxurious countryside resort. Her mind swirled with ideas, from upgrading its furnishings to adding subtle touches that would elevate the guest experience — perhaps a bar that faces the large windows opening up to the expansive view of the vineyard?