Chapter 11 : What Lies Ahead

Note: There are 2 previous chapters before this, in case you skipped it. Doon muna kayo.

"Ouch! Watch it!"

A rushing woman who just got her luggage bumped Anntonia beside the airport carousel.

"Scusa". The slightly older woman said.

"Bitch". Anntonia whispered as she waited for her luggage to come out. "Why is it taking too long?" The ex-Isrotel heiress checked the time on her watch — it's 2 in the afternoon. She rolled her eyes while clicking her tongue against the roof of the mouth.

Ann had tried to mentally prepare herself for the potential delays that came with flying economy for the first time. However, any semblance of preparedness vanished when an unexpected buzz reverberated from one of her back pocket, jolting her into surprise.

"Crap". She reached for her phone.

"Hey, boss! I'm in the vicinity. You coming out soon?" A cheerful man greeted.

"Hey. Uhmm....I'm just waiting for my things to come out. If you can, could you wait for me near the exit — just beside the car rentals?"

"Sure, boss. How's your flight?"

"Don't ask. It's terrible".

"Oh, aw...then I'll make sure you'll have a smooth car ride going to your hotel".

Ann smiled. She appreciated the concern and kind gesture. "Thanks...oh, wait. I think my bags are here". The former heiress ended the call and quickly pushed her way through some of the other passengers to stand in front of the carousel - and with minimum effort, she was able to lift two of her luggages with each hand — something she's thankful for eversince she increased her arm and glutes training. Anntonia's a believer that in order to be successful, it pays to not only invest in acquiring skills, but also in yourself. Taking good care of her body is her number one priority, and that included strength training.

Minutes have passed and the former heiress reached the car rentals counter. She was about to pick up her phone, when a man yelled her name.

"Anntonia!" A man with a charismatic grin approached her, taking her bags. "Hey, boss".

"Thanks, Mat. Where'd you park?"

"Just a few meters from the exit. It's a short walk". The tall man led the way, helping Anntonia with her things.

As the two settled into the car, Ann's eyes gleamed  when she noticed Mat had a cup of coffee in hand.

"Coffee as promised". The man smiled.

"Oh, you're a lifesaver! Thanks, Mat."

"You're very welcome." Mat responded before closing the driver's door, and in the blink of an eye, they merged onto the highway headed towards Ann's hotel.

"So, the Bertinellis got the letter of intent. They're ready to sign the transfer papers as early as tomorrow."

Ann nodded, recognizing the need for swift action if she wanted to seal the deal before the work week ends in a couple of days.

"Do they know I'm arriving today?"

"Nope." Mat stole a quick glance at his beautiful passenger.

"Good, because I don't want any of the Bertinellis to know — at least not until the money transfer has been completed." Ann checked her watch.

"Anything wrong?"

Ann met Mathew's eyes, and a moment of silence passed between them. "No...Nothing's wrong."