Chapter 27

Jessica's POV

I froze, as Tyler asked me that. He's a great,sweet,and smart guy, but being in a relationship isn't something I wanna be in right now.

"Tyler... I don't know... School is my first priority right now. I'm not sure if being in a relationship is the right thing to do, right now." I told him. He looked away. "Look, I like you. I really do, but I don't want get distracted from studying."

Tyler looked up at me. "I understand." He said.

I felt that awkwardness, so I said goodbye and thanked him, and walked back to my dorm. I opened the door, and walked in. My feet were killing me from the heels. I sat on my bed, and started to massage my feet.

"So how was dinner?" Valeria said, walking out of the bathroom.

"Good. Just a bit awkward. I saw my ex and his girlfriend there."

"What!? Did you guys talk? Was it awkward? What happen..." I cut her off.

"Yes we talked. It was super awkward, but I don't care. We both moved on." I told her.

"So, how was Tyler's kiss?" She asked.

"Umm... How do you know that?" I asked suspiciously.

"I saw from the window." She laughed.

"Well that's not creepy. I'm gonna get ready for bed."

I got up, and grabbed some sweats and a t-shirt. I got changed in the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. My hair was bothering me, so I put it in a high ponytail. I jump in bed, and grabbed my phone. Two new messages. I check the first message, and it was Tyler.

From:Tyler

I had a great time. Goodnight.

I smiled and looked at the next message. It was Chris.

From:Chris

Won't be able to make it for breakfast tomorrow. Sorry.

To:Chris

It's okay. Maybe next time.

From:Chris

I don't know. Can we talk?

To:Chris

Yeah. Meet me in the lobby at 10.

The last thing I wanted to do was get out of bed, but Chris wanted to talk. I stayed in my grey baggy sweats and just put on a black Aeropostale jacket, over my shirt. I slipped on my ugg slippers, and quietly left the room. Valeria was already sleeping. She had school early in the morning. I walked to the lobby, everyone was gone.

"Hey." I heard someone call from behind me. I turned around,and it was Chris.

"Hey. What did you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"I'm transferring colleges. I'm going back to Nevada." He said.

"Why?"

"I want to."

"Are you serious? There has to be a reason why Chris. Tell me." I demanded.

He looked down and responded,"...You..."

"Me? You're leaving because of me?" I asked confused.

Why would he leave because of me? What did I do to him?

He looked me straight in the eyes, and said,"Isn't it obvious that I like you..."

Bruno's POV

Natalie and I walked out of the club, an hour after Jessica and Tyler did. Why did I feel so hurt? Jessica moved on. I should be doing the exact same thing. Driving back to Natalie's apartment, we pass by the coffee shop, Jessica and I started talking again. It put a smile on my face remembering the thought. We finally got to the apartment, and I changed back into something comfortable.