Chapter 5

Jessica's POV

He knows I'm here. He knows where I'm staying. He's hurt me before, he did it again. What about Bruno? What about the guys? I can't put them in this risky situation.

I heard the door open and saw Bruno walk in. A weak smile came across my face.

"Bruno?"

"Oh my god Jessica, you're alive!" Phil yelled from behind Bruno, causing me to laugh.

A sharp pain was on my side, and I quickly stopped laughing.

"Are you okay? I'm so so sorry. I can't believe I let something like that happen to you. I promised I will never let that happen ever again-"

Guilt was filled in this eyes. It wasn't even his fault. It wasn't, it was mine. I'm the one that ruined their whole trip to Paris. I just knew I shouldn't have came.

"Bruno, it's not your fault." I told him

"It is! I shouldn't have-" I cut him off once more.

"It's not, calm down I'm fine." I smiled at him

"Even though I don't agree, okay." He smiled at me.

"Guys do you think I can talk to Bruno alone for a quick second?" I asked the guys.

I can feel my heart began to beat quicker. This was probably the last thing he wanted to hear. I shouldn't have tagged along on this trip.

"Sure." They all said together.

As they walked out, I heard the door close behind them. I looked straight into Bruno's chocolate brown eyes. My vision began to blur.

"What's wrong?" Bruno asked sounding worried.

"Jackson." My voice started to crack.

"What about Jackson?"

"He's the one that stabbed me."

Tears started falling down my face, knowing that Jackson was here. I couldn't see Bruno's reaction due to the tears that filled my eyes. I felt him hug me tightly.

"I'm- I'm so sorry I ruined your trip to Paris. I should of never called you in the first place. You wouldn't be in this mess." I told him,while I was crying.

He wiped the tears from my eyes and told me, "You didn't ruin the trip. It's not your fault at all. And do not regret calling me. You calling me was the highlight of my day."

A smiles appeared on my face. Bruno leaned his face into mine. Our foreheads were touching. Then our noses. After that, our lips.

His kiss gave me an explosion of butterflies in my stomach. In between the kiss, I smiled and so did he. We heard the door open and moved away from one another. In walked the doctor with a clip board.

"Jessica, your free to leave after the nurse checks your wound." Dr. Gonzales said with a smile.

"Thank you doctor. Did I get stitches?" I asked

"Yes. Be very careful. Maybe your boyfriend can help you." He looked at Bruno.

My face turn red, and so did Bruno's.

"Oh we're not dating. He is my best friend." I said in a rush.

"That's what they all say. And by the way the police are here. They want to ask you a couple of questions."

I looked at Bruno, I was afraid to tell the police about Jackson. What if they arrest him, take him to jail and one day he comes out and looks for me and tries to kill me. Or even worst, Bruno. The doctor left closing the door behind him.

"Bruno. Please don't leave the room when the police come in. I don't want to be alone. I don't want to tell them about Jackson!" I told him worriedly.

"Don't worry. I will stay with you." Bruno said with a smile.

My lips curled up slightly. The door opened and I looked up at the officer. My eyes widen a bit. My heart felt like it was about to beat out of my chest.

"Jessica?" One of the police officers asked with a shocked face.

"Mr. Rivers?" I said with a worried tone.

"Do you two know each other?" Bruno asked suspiciously.

"He's-He's Jackson's father."