Chapter 8

Bruno's POV

Our lips were inches away, and once again interrupted. Maybe all of this isn't a good idea. Giving her false hope why having a girlfriend wasn't right. Don't get me wrong, I have strong heeling a for Jessica. But back home I will still in a relationship with Jasmine.

Jessica's phone began to ring. She got up and answered her phone. She looked at me and her jaw drop. Her phone fell out of her hands, and landed right on the floor, causing it to break. Then, she fell on the floor landing on her knees. She started to burst out into tears. I ran to her holding her in my hands.

"What's wrong Jessica? Who was that on the phone?" I asked quickly. 

"Ja...jack...Jackson." I couldn't really understand what she was saying,but all I heard was Jackson's name come out of her mouth. "He's going to kill me."

"It's going to be ok. Relax. I'm going to call Officer Rodrigues. I'm sorry Jessica, but I have to."

She didn't move from the floor. She stayed there shaking and crying. I ran to the dresser and grabbed my phone.

"911 what's your emergency?" The lady at the end of the phone ask.

"Is their an Officer Rodrigues there?"

"Yes. Let me forward you to his office."

"Thank you!"

"Officer Rodrigues." I heard him say.

"Yes Officer, this is Bruno. The one you met in the hospital with Jessica a couple of hours ago."

"Oh yes Bruno. How's Jessica?"

"Well, some how Jackson knows about Jessica confessing about all of this, and called her. He threaten to kill her."

It stayed silent on the phone for a minute. "Are you still there?" I asked

"Yes! Look you guys need to leave now. I won't tell anyone where you are going, not even Officer Rivers. I don't want to risk anything."

"Ok. What about Jackson?"

"I will deal with him myself."

The line cut off. I looked at Jessica who was now on the bed. I went to her and sat right by her. I combed a piece of hair back with my fingers and wiped away her tears.

"Everything is going to be all right. We have to leave now Officer Rodrigues orders."

"Thank you. Bruno, I'm truly sorry for all of this. You probably hate me so much right now. And, I just want you to know that-"

I leaned into her face, and kissed her. Our lips stayed locked with each other. They moved effortlessly.

Slowly we moved away from one another. Our foreheads leaned up against each other. We looked into each other's eyes, completely infatuated with each other.

No longer was Jasmine on my mind. My happiness was right in front of me. I looked at her in complete amazement.

"I love you." I told her.