Chapter 18

"Next life.." Sera whispered as she draw random circles on a piece of paper.

"Past life.." She whispered again but more softer now. She cupped her cheeks as she stopped drawing, now she stared outside the window of her office. Sighing for god knows how many times by now, both her friends stared at her with a confused look.

"What's wrong?" Asked Jiyeong.

"A piece of memory from our previous life.." She restated Wonwoo's remark the other day.

"Huh? What?"

"Do you guys believe in next life? Second life? What about third life?" She asked her friends while frowning.

Both her friends blinked their eyes.

"You've asked that question before. Why? Do you really remember your past life? What were you? You must've been an author too!" Exclaimed Shinyoung as her eyes sparkles, showing how excited she is to know.

"Do you believe in next life though?" Jiyeong raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not sure." She murmured.

All the flashbacks has gotten to be more and more clear and vivid. It's obvious, it was indeed her and Wonwoo in her flashbacks. She's kind of starting to believe in past life but she needed to know the truth. What about Wonwoo?

"Woah! Look at the news!" Shouted Shinyoung.

"Kang Myungseok, former mayor of Changwon back in the year 1994 that went missing for three decades are finally found dead in the midst of the forest located far from the town. The police are currently investigating the cause of dead." Informed the news anchor.

"Woah, he went missing for 30 years?"

"He was a very shitty father. I'm sure that's the reason why his daughter jumped off the bridge. Have you both heard of it?" Shinyoung gave the two a questioning look, waiting for their answer.

"Father." Sera stood up, tears falling down her cheeks.

"Being an author won't bring you anywhere! Who would want to read your lame books? Nobody!"

"You don't let me be who I wanted to be, you don't let me do whatever I wanted to do. I was never free to do whatever I want. You caged me, you decided everything for me! I'm not happy father, I'm not!" She rebuked, tears falling down her cheeks.

"You are not going to be an author! You are not going to decide by your own! You're going to marry Mr. Shin's son and you're going to study abroad! He's gonna help you with it. Now go back to your room!" He objurgated, giving Sera his threatening look.

"Have you ever once, considered my feelings? Have you ever once, thought about me as your daughter and have you ever once, love me as your daughter?" Sera asked, in a soft voice that sounded almost like whispering.

"I never make you proud? What about all those times I placed first in every exams? I never make you proud? What about all these times, I obeyed you and respected you even if it didn't make me happy. I tried so hard to make you proud, that I forgot to be happy." She uttered, still in a soft voice.

"ARRGGHHHH!!!!!" She screamed, there Sera be screaming for as loud as she could as she knelt down, holding her head with both her hands, frightening her friends.

"Sera! Sera, what's wrong?!"

"Sorry girls, I have somewhere to go!" Sera rushed out of her office and dialed a number. Yes, she called Wonwoo just now to tell him that she wanted to meet him now.