Chapter 08

"For me, writing makes me happy. I could write about myself being the character that I am not where everything goes the way how I wanted it to be. I think writing is my way to escape from reality."

"I think everyone have the same ideas about writing. Maybe they just wanted to express themselves but through writing." He said to himself.

Wonwoo who's now laying, ready to sleep, are unable to sleep once sudden thoughts of Sera came to his mind.

"I could relate to her. Even though she have everything, but she's not free to do whatever she wants like any other girl her age. Just because she's rich, everyone thinks that she's perfect. But nobody knows her true pain."

"You don't understand, Wonwoo. I may be rich and people may think that I have everything and could do anything that I want. But no, I can't do whatever I just wish to do. I have my limits. Every single thing that I did, I'm being watched."

"I wonder what she's going through that she said such sad things." He murmured, turning his body to the left side of the bed.

"I'm sorry. Sometimes I just thought about how useless my life really is. I can't do whatever I want, I can't be whatever I want, I can't learn whatever I want. Everything are already decided for me, I can't be free and enjoy my own life as if I'm actually borrowing or is living someone else's life."

"She can't do whatever she wants because every single thing that she did, she's actually being watched.." He murmured again.

"She may not say it, but I can see that behind those smiles, she's actually hurting a lot, she's actually sad and she actually feels lonely. Why won't you open up to me a bit more, Sera?" He asked himself.

It made him think that he wasn't the one who could help her.

It saddened him.

-

"Good morni- What happened to your face?!" Sera asked with widened eyes to see Wonwoo's lips that bleed a little and also a small scratch on his cheek.

Wonwoo hold his cheek, hiding the small scratch.

"This is nothing." He smiled.

"How is that nothing? It looks painful to me." She scowled at him.

"Don't worry, it doesn't hurt." Wonwoo gave her an ensuring smile, but surely Sera didn't believe him.

"Wonwoo, what really happened?"

"I fought with my brother. But don't worry, he's fine now." He smiled again.

"He's fine? But what about you?" She glowered at him. Wonwoo didn't say anything, he's only smiling as he stared at her but Sera knew that there's something wrong behind that smile.

"Okay, I won't force you to tell me about it if you feel uncomfortable or anything." Sera flashed him a smile before she took a seat on the bench, taking out her 24/7 notebook, ready to write something.

"My brother." He suddenly said.

Sera stopped writing and lifted her head to look over at him. Few seconds later, Wonwoo took a seat beside her.

"I have a very abusive brother." He added.

"I figured." She smiled.

"Huh? How?"

"You told me the other day that your brother blamed you for the death of your parents." She answered.

"I don't know, Sera. It's really hard. I mean, I could just run away from his apartment, but that'll mean I have nowhere to live. The only reason that hold me back from running away is the fact that he still let me live with him. Besides, he's the only family I got left." He uttered with his soft voice, Sera figured his brother definitely hates him, but never even once she thought that it's gonna be this worse.