Chapter 25 // Kenjustu Ryu

As I ended the call with Dean, my gaze fell onto a a bit crooked sign. 

Kenjustu Ryu

Stood there in intertwined letters. 

I put my phone into my backpocket and opened the old swing door inside. 

Inside the little building, it was dusty and hot. 

I pulled my sunglasses only so far down my nose, that I could see something without the dimmed glasses. 

A person behind me cleared his throat to draw my attention to him. 

I turned and there stood a young woman, only a few years older than me, in a black, tight cat suit. 

"Hii" I greeted. "I read outside that this is a school where you can learn how to lead a Katana?" 

The young woman looked suprised. 

"Indeed. It is. But I didn't await any new students, I expected a Foreclosure Agent for today." 

"Oh ... you haven't the best time hm?" I asked compassionately. 

"Yeah. But I guess, since you are here and the Foreclosure Agent not, and I have time, I can teach you the basics" 

"Omg really?" I asked in disbelieve. I really didn't think that she would teach me anything if her house wouldd be foreclosured. 

Without saying anything, she just smiled and motioned for me, to follow her. 

I did as she asked me and found myself a few mintues and stairs later in a underground trainings room. 

It had holders for Katanas everywhere on each wall and in each holder laid one Katana. 

The walls were made of bamboo and were artistically decorated. 

Some loose, thicker bamboo trunks stood every now and than just in the room with deep notches from the Katanas that got trained here with. 

The floor was also made of bamboo, only on one side of the room there were some braided reed mats. 

"It is beautiful" I was stunned. 

While i spinned around myself, taking in the room, the girl went to the holders on the wall and got a Katana down. 

"I am Xialing. What can I call you?" 

I thougt for a moment. Than I answered. "I am Coco" 

She smiled and continued talking.

"Ok Coco. Have you ever fought with a blade?" 

"Nah, I am more the bow-kind of fighter. But I always wanted to learn how to fight with Katanas" 

Xialing nodded in agreement. "If you never hold any Katana, than I think it would be best, if you decide on your own which Katana you want. Go on. You can try every Katana in this room" 

I stared at her in disbelief. She met me like 10 minutes ago and let me just walk through here as if I was always here?? 

But I shoved that thoughts away and looked through the Katanas.

I ran my fingers over some of the with leather coated blades. 

They had the most different Katanas here. In every colour and every size. 

I wandered around for about five minutes, till I almost made it back to Xialing, as I felt something pulling me back to the wall I just walked past. 

I felt a little drawn to one of the upper Katanas, a black one. 

With a halter, that had red crystals at the end of the leather on the handle. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't forget to 

COMMENT

VOTE 

FOLLOW

~Coco