New Name

Henry looked at the next scene with sadness.

A five year old Emma was lead into a house by a way too smiley woman.
"Well Emma this is Mr.Tristan and his wife Mrs.Tristan oh and I'm warning you they have a couple other foster children here Emma so behave. " she told her and Emma nodded sullenly ,she had a small cast on her arm left from the man that had hurt her repeatedly but other than that she looked a whole lot better.

"Oh David look at her she's so tiny." Snow whispered longingly.
"Yeah and I hope these foster kids are nice to her." David whispered.

Mrs.Tristan lead Emma to a small door and swung it open.
"Well let me just introduce you to all the kids." She told her with a smile and Emma nodded shyly.
She walked into the room where a malnutrition girl sat on the bed reading a story to a about three little kids on the floor.

"Okie dokie lokie Emma the little three year old girl is Angel and the two boys next to her is Scott and Weston. Oh and the little one on the bed well that's Carmine.."
"Carmine!!!" Emma squealed with so much happiness.

It nearly made Snow's heart rip out of her chest.

The girl on the bed looked up and smiled brightly.
"Emma!" She called but didn't get up.
"You'll have to be careful with Carmine, Emma see she was just brought out of a bad foster home where they wouldn't feed her or let her out of their basement.So she's pretty weak right now.OK" Emma nodded walking over to Carmine who was smiling.
"You're a sight for sore eyes Emma." She told her gesturing for the other kids to leave.

Red was crying by then and turned to Snow sadly.
"Who does that to a little girl, a seven year old, a baby , she was just a baby Snow." Red sobbed and Snow wrapped her friend firmly in a hug.

"Carmine are you okay ?" Emma asked worridly and Carmine nodded weakly.
"Course I'm fine, especially now that you're here." Carmine smiled and Emma nodded slowly.
"So Emma I never asked you what's your last name?"
"Huh I don't have one." She whispered sadly.

"Well that just won't do now will it?" Carmine joked looking around the room, eyes landing on a stuffed Swan . "what about Swan , Emma Swan ?" She asked and Emma gasphed
"That's perfect Carmine thankyou!!" Emma squealed and Carmine smiled.

Henry gasphed along with Regina, Red ,Snow and David.
"Wow! Just wow!" Regina whispered softly. And they were still in shock as they watched Carmine pull Emma close and read gently to her,as Emma fell asleep and Carmine, despite being super fraile gently lifted Emma up and tucked her in.
Then slowly the scene changed once again.

To be continued...

-also the picture above is what Carmine looked like at age seven.