41. PART ONE

⚠️ 

[At this point of the story do I even need to put these signs...?]

The wind whistled in his ears as he flew with the speed of light, using the darkened city's covering shadows to flew above the houses and follow a scent that was so dear and so unmistakable for him.

His clawed hands constantly gripped his shirt on his chest, trying to hold together the shattered pieces of his soul. Why he had had to kill the city...

He must have borne the hunger just a little longer... Just a little bit... And just when Hungary couldn't see it, when he couldn't see what was he really, he could have done it...

He had to came to a halt on one of the houses' roof, breathing heavily. How badly he screwed up everything... And he had boldly thought for a minute that maybe Hungary likes him too and let his guard of- not looking at him like at a pure dreadful monster...

He must find him, he must apologise somehow, because if he won't, and the rejecting words will remain, he won't survive that...

He has to try harder to be like a human, to act like a human... He has to...

Catching his breaths, he flew to the night sky again, covering his dark, black eyes from the snow that fell from above. 

He almost lost the direction a few times, especially in the city center. The snow was so covering his vision that he had to flew down again next to a small store, brushing off the snow from his clothes and hair. 

As he dusted himself, his stomach grumbled again and again - feeling the humans' presence and smell in the city. Quiet growles shook his body, and he frightened whenever a car speeded away or a cyclist on the other street.  

Why do humans live in such noise..? No wonder why Hungary is always so-so grumpy when he lives in such annoying constant noise... he thought in bitter. He wouldn't have to though, if he would come with him to the forest, he would surely love there in peaceful serenity... And he really loved the animals he drew him to the snow, so he would enjoy in woods for real... At the thought he became hopeful and delighted again and gathered up his courage.

He hurriedly went a bit away from the store and from below the trees to the road to be able fly up.

However, he froze in his steps, seeing his own reflection on the store's dark window.

The store was advertiseing flowers, an attracting picture of a man with a charming smile holding out a rose to a woman with rosy cheeks an loving eyes. 

His dark eyes snapped back to his own reflection and he stepped closer to the store's window, touching it softly with his fingers.

He stared at his still somewhere bloodied face and hands, then at his horrifying eyes and wings. The man's advert picture mockingly stared at him and held out the rose. 

Romania's mouth stiffened up to hateful snarl and he huffed and puffed. It can't be that hard to make faces like the humans...

He turned back to his reflection and tried to mimic the man's smile. But he was fast to stop his chilling grin and drop his hand to his sides when he saw his horroristic reflection. No wonder Hungary got scared too...

His breaths hitched and he backed away from the dark window.

A car loudly beeped on him, the light of the car blinding him for a second, before he jumped up and flew above the buildings fast-  out of sight.

He stared at the pitch black woods and mountains in the distant in sorrow. He did not belong to the city and among the humans...

At least- he may can apologise...