25.

.• . °•. 🍂 • °. 🍁 ° •. ° • 🍂 . •° .

After the cracking sound- it all became quite...

He only heard his steady heartbeats and another sound alongside it - somebody's rugged, heavy breaths...

He felt as the one, who had been holding and covering him - leant away and heavily fell to the ground next to him.

Hungary, ever so slowly opened his eyes.

Next to him was the creature, huddled up on the cold cement floor. His body and the way he was gritting his sharp teeths and hissing quietly, clearly showed that he was in extreme pain.

Hungary blinked slowly and noticed what was the cause of the creature's pain.

His right wing was broken , the broken bone piercing through the skin, from it, his lack blood was streaming down and covering the cement garage floor around him. It was a undeniably a compouned fracture...

Hungary looked down at the storage battery that was not so far away from his leg and as a kind of realisation- his face paled.
He glanced up at the high shelf, where among the other batteries, just above him, was an empty place - the fallen battery's place.

It had saved him...? But why??

No... It's surely a trick.

Dangerous, AH said he is extreme dangerous...

Unlaced thoughts were racing in his mind, his face paleing even more as he looked back and forth from the laying battery to the whimpering creature.
He sucked in a sharp breath as his heart clenched to the sounds of the creature's painful whimpers.

'Help him.' he heard his own inner voice, and suddenly, his legs moved and before he could comprehend what was he doing, he was kneeling next to the creature.
He reached out with his hand unconsciouly, ready to touch the creature.

'Help him.' he heard his own voice again. The longing to touch him clouded his mind, the instinctual determination that his touch will help the creature, lingered in him like an additing drug. But before his skin could have touched him, the bones in the creature's wing snapped back to their rightful place with a loud crack. Though, the creature was still huddled up and struggling in pain as his blood was dripping down to the floor continouosly.

Hungary's mind awoke at the crack sound, his eyes widening in terror.
He retracked his hand to his chest instantly and jumped away.

What had he been doing...

He could see as the thing slowly healed himself, growling less and less with each passing seconds.
His heart was racing and his mind was in full panic and dread.

Dangerous...

He has to kill it now, while it's still injured. If this monsters heals- it won't just kill him but others too...

His brain was telling him otherwise tirelessly, to stop, to help the boy, to trust, but he shook off the his inner voice. It already killed many people, why wouldn't it do again...

He noticed a crowbar near the shelf and without any more waiting and opportunity for his mind to speak him off, he turned around and hurriedly grabbed it.
He speeded back to the creature and lifted the heavy crowbar...

The creature turned his head up to him, his pitch black eyes staring into his soul.

Hungary's heart was pumping his ears, sweat dripping down his forehead. He felt his palms sweating too, the crowbar in his hand trembling as he was staring into the creature's eyes.His chest tightened, the airs leaving his loungs. He must do it...