13.

.・。.・゜🍁・. 🍂・• 🍁・゜・。.

They were walking in the autumn forest, making a scrunch noise as they stepped on the fallen yellow, brown and red leaves. The only noise what could be heard was the familiar whispering breeze as it rushed among the trees. The wind shook the pastel coloured crowns of the deciduous trees, tearing the remaining leaves down.

Hungary bent down to the ground, brushing aside some leaves to be able to observe a faint trail of an animal.

Behind him, Austria-Hungary cursed as he nearly tripped over a branch. On his back the arrow quiver almost fell down but he fixed it before the arrows could have dropped out. Austria-Hungary did not want to use a bow, nor a gun, so he just carried the arrows for Hungary. He would rather just watch as Hungary is hunting. He loved the animals too much than to kill them. As AH gained back his balance he dusted his cargo pants and stepped to Hungary curiously.

"Have you found something?"

Hungary got up and adjusted the handmade bow on his shoulder.

"Yea, I did..." he answered in short.

He did not want be here

"Ohh okay... " Said AH.

After a minute silence AH decided he would try speak with Hungary again.

"Aaand- how is school? Have you made friends?" He asked.

Hungary nodded."Yes, I-... I made friends..." He answered.

Austria-Hungary nodded hopelessly. Nice... At least Hungary answered him in a whole sentence.

"Anddd, you want to tell me something about them? Whats their name or anything else about them-?"

Hungary looked away and cleared his throat.

"W-well" he stuttered. "I have met a lot of people- but- there was Lengyel (Poland)... He is really cool."

AH smiled.

"Well thats nice. You didnt get in trouble right?"

"Uhhh, ööö no-" he gulped.

'Except that I punched a Balkan in the face that his nose started to bleed-' he thought sarcastically but found it kinda comic and well-deserved at the same time.

"Ohh I am relieved then. You know, I met a few slavic kids there and they weren't soo- how to describe it politely- well friendly. I hoped they wont mess with you..."

Hungary bit his lips.

"Oo, noo, I havent even met them yet-"

Hungary looked around fast and headed somewhere, trying to avoid the other questions.

AH sighed but quietly followed him. They had an acceptable conversation after all. Even if it was short...

.・。.・゜🍁・. 🍂・• 🍁・゜・。.

They had been walking for almost an hour now in dead silence.

It was almost 3 p.m.. The shadows had already started to deepen while the wind gradually got colder and colder.

Hungary adjusted his jacket as a shiver ran down his spine.His breath before him lingered like a little cloud, continually fading and finally, blending in the cool air.