37.

⚠️
blood

New firing could be heard as glowing purple lines shoot out from the darkness, towards the Hungarian, who was still dizzy from being tackled down face to the ground and nearly having concussion.

Romania moved with the speed of the fired bullets, grabbing the Hungarian in his arms and putting him down behind the big oak tree, opposite to the shooter and sheltered from the fatal, enchanted bullets.

His lips stiffened up to an omnious snarl, his nostrils flatening.

The one who shot the bullets was a human...

His stomach grumbled in urge at the thought, making his fist tremble from desire.

He couldn't hold it anymore...

Hungary slowly gained back his vision and comprehension, seeing the winged country before him, growling and hissing lowly in a charging position.

His fist were visibly shaking, his whole being looked like of a predator's.

The realization hit Hungary as the creature's stomach loudly grumbled, his hissings becoming deadly sharp. He seemed, he was ready to go out from behind the sheltering ancient tree and maul the shooter...

"No- ... No! Romania !!" Exclaimed Hungary in fear and panic, grabbing the winged country's arm, and pulling him back, before it could step out to the firing bullets.

But he did not worried about the creature but about the one,who was shooting the bullets. It could have been anybody who had thought maybe he was an infected too, or had thought anything else to have a reason of firing.

The creature growled dangerously at Hungary and at his hand, which locked onto his. He bared his sharp teeth threateningly, leaning close to Hungary face.

"No, you cant-" he wanted to plead, but Romania forcefully pushed him off him that he almost hit his head in the ground as he fell with a loud thud.

"Noo-!" He shouted, jumping up from the ground, locking the creature in a tight embrace. "Please..." he cried.

Like a cold dagger, the fact pierced through his heart that indeed: the creature was savage and wild- dangerous- no matter how hard he tried to deny it.

It had felt so right, so good to be with him, to sit next to him close, feeling his presence half previously...

He had stupidly believed Romania was still a feeling being, that he had some humanity remained in him, and he is nothing like a monster...

But how wrong he was...

Something seemed to change in the creature's gaze, that wild glint- that small indicator of his hazardous insticts seemed to compeltely take over.

The winged country stopped his hissing for a moment from the sudden hug, but was fast to growl again. He folded of Hungary's arms and made him sit down to the root of the tree.

"Romania, ne bántsd!" (Dont hurt them!) He reached up and tried to grab the creature's hand, but Romania spun back fast at the tender feeling of a touch and clawed Hungary's lower arm deeply.

Hungary yelped painfully, retracking his bleeding hand and holding it to his chest.

The creature seemed to froze for a moment and looking down at his bloodied claws in shock. He stumbled backwards as he hold onto the tree.

What had he done...

He whined as he saw Hungary's scared, crying eyes and his injured hand.

But his insticts felt the human's appealing scent in the air even more, which mixed with Hungary's already maddening, sweet but also human scent. It drove him absolute crazy, fogging his mind.