PART FOUR ◇• 🌑°.•◇

.

•°. * 🍂 .• ● ° . 🌑 ° •.○ ° 🍂 * .°•

In the pastel lights of the flickering lamps, the tension only grew, rising the nervousness of the ractangle head country. The German Empire glanced to Austria-Hungary's golden eyes. He wanted to say something: maybe apologise, or more like ressuring him that he won't hurt him like he had done to the Russian, and he can leave and never have to look back...

Albeit, this feeling was familiar to him- the shocked and fearful gaze of the others when they saw him, the screams and hurtful words - it still hurt him nevertheless.

Was it even important what he felt or how nice things he did, if the ones he loved turned away the first time they saw him?

The voices of the past rang in his ears: Monster.

He recieved this word so many times that he had come to the determination that maybe- they were right.

And after some time- he had started to act like he did not care anymore, when they screamed to his face and shouted.

But that little simple one word, that one word had carved itself into his soul so deeply that he knew- it became a weight- he could never put down again and has to carry through his entire life.

Austria-Hungary's breaths shook as he was looking straight into the Empire's sad, white eyes. He was staring at him so pierciengly, as if he was trying to look into the Empire's soul.

After what had seemed like hours, the Empire had to look down to his hands. He couldn't hold AH's heavy gaze anymore.

'Monster, he must think I'm a monster...' He was chewing himself.

The ornate, gothic black lamps on the wall pulsated- the shadows surrounding his shape like a dark, silky fog.

"I am sorry..." He whispered at least, letting his shape slowly turn to dark shadows.

But before he would have completely melted into the darkness and would have 'disappeared' into thin air- AH, whose eyes widened in shock- ran to him, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you, German Empire." AH whispered to him, and hugged him more tightly, fearing that he would vanish if he let go.

The Empire was frozen, the shadows slowly lingering away, letting the poor lamps lighting up the long corridor again.

He hesitantly lifted his hands and hugged AH back lightly.

Was this some kind of trick from AH...?

When the smaller Monarchy released him, Ah took a step back and smiled up at him brightly.

"You've never said you had a cool power like this!" He joked.

The Empire shifted from one leg to another and fiddled with his hands.

Is his curse a joke to AH..?

Or is he being sincere?

No... He surely tries to humiliate him...

Skeptical thoughts crossed his mind, leaving him speechless.

He stared into AH's eyes in attempt to find lie behind them, but his whole sweet, smiling and slightly golden blood covered, messy face did not hold any cruel intentions...

When AH noticed his skeptical vacillation due to the long lasting silence, his smile instantly dropped.

Had he said something wrong...?

"I d-didn't mean it as an offence, sorry... I uhh, I am just thankful that you've helped me. I don't want to know what would have happened to me if you werent here... Thank you." he said in embarassment, his cheeks turning rosy. Maybe he shouldn't have joked...